In terms of the latter of these, descriptions are also new with those permitted to post a description now able to add "a short blurb" to a group (shown above).
The update comes after WhatsApp promised a new group video calling feature at the Facebook F8 conference last month.
Remove admin permissions: Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started. Most of these new WhatsApp group features have been seen in prior Android beta builds, stable builds on either platform, or have been spotted in development but were disabled by default.
Hopefully the issues with WhatsApp group chat and the unpopular shutdown of legitimate chat rooms is addressed moving forward, but overall the implementation of the features seems to be a positive change that will continue ushering the app forward into a more modern experience that can continue to outclass the competition. Another change makes adding someone who has already left a group a bit more complicated, to discourage re-adds.
NINE Opening Credits in LEGO Celebrate the Show's Revival
NBC is perfecting the art of reviving canceled comedies with its pickup of " Brooklyn Nine-Nine". On Friday, fans of the Mike Schur ( Parks and Recreation , The Good Place ) cop comedy mourned.
WhatsApp has today announced a bunch of new features for group chats, making it easy for members to catch up on what they've missed, while giving additional controls to the administrators.
Group messaging has become increasingly important to WhatsApp in recent times, as users turn to the app to stay in touch not only with friends and family, but also business colleagues. The description pops up at the top whenever someone new joins in. Here, any group member can add a group description but the admin can restrict actions.
A large WhatsApp group can get pretty tumultuous and hard to manage.
Inside the group info page, members can now search for other group participants. Now with Group catch up, you can quickly catch up on messages that people mentioned you by tapping on the new @ button that appears at the bottom right.
- Australian astronomers find black hole as big as 20 billion suns
- NBC5 Forecast: Warm and Humid with Hit and Miss Storms Possible
- American Airlines: No Goats; Trained Mini Horses Welcome
- Criminal case dropped against sitting US governor
- 'I'm only talking to Newcastle': Benitez plays down leaving Magpies
- Dez Bryant is Signing With The Green Bay Packers Says Jason Witten
- Cornish charity backs mental health minute
- Eurovision victor Netta Barzilai lands in Israel
- Tesla sets up new firm within Shanghai Free Trade Zone
- Facebook Deletes 500 Million Fake Accounts In Effort To Clean Up Network