It is muggy too. With a front still stalled near the region there will be a strong thunderstorm in some places, especially during the afternoon hours. There is a chance for a thunderstorm but not expecting anything severe. Damaging wind, hail and areas of flash flooding are a possibility. Morning lows will hold steady in the upper 60s to low 70s. Rain will end overnight and cloud cover will linger. Easterly flow and stalled boundary to our south keeps the showers around on and off for Wednesday. The probability of this disturbance becoming a named tropical system remains low as it inches closer to the Florida panhandle. The chance for storms will start to die down by midnight, as they move into the Wichita metro area. After 2pm, showers and storms will be developing along and east of I-25.
But things cool down again on Wednesday, with temperatures dropping back into the 60s under cloudy skies with showers. Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
Highs will stay above average this week. This unsettled pattern will result in daily rain chances through the entire week. While no one day is likely to be a washout, it's tough to pick out a day that will be entirely dry either.
SUNDAY: Chance showers. High: 70s.
Central AL Forecast: Rain on tap for the week
It is impossible to give the specific start/stop times of the showers for any given point; they will tend to be rather random. Highs 83-85 inland, 78-80 beaches.
Monday marked the eighth-straight day with no rainfall measured in Huntsville, so some rain would be a good thing for us agriculturally (and to help knock down the heat) this week.
The FOX43 Weather Team is keeping you "Weather Smart" 7 days a week!
Mancini named as new coach of Italy
Mancini's first match in charge will be a friendly against Saudi Arabia on 28 May before Italy play France and Holland in June. Age is certainly important because we need to build for the future but there is no set criteria to exclude in this regard.
- Deadpool 2 Review #2: Raunchy, Insanely Violent and Absolutely Ingenious
- Darren Lockyer pays tribute to 'authoritative' Cameron Smith following representative retirement
- Australian astronomers find black hole as big as 20 billion suns
- Amazon Go stores to open at San Francisco and Chicago
- Cornish charity backs mental health minute
- Tesla sets up new firm within Shanghai Free Trade Zone
- Sunday Evening Weather Update, May 13, 2018
- Teacher shot dead after having sex with student
- 'I'm only talking to Newcastle': Benitez plays down leaving Magpies
- Born Episcopal bishop to preach at next Saturday's royal wedding