In the backdrop of unprovoked ceasefire violation by Pakistan in which one BSF personnel attained martyrdom, Director General BSF K K Sharma, on Tuesday said that reportedly a group of five terrorists have "managed" to enter into the Indian territory via tunnel on worldwide border in Jammu region. "Pakistani troops, as per a defence official, fired on forward posts in the Manguchak area around 11.30 pm Monday night and was effectively retaliated by the soldier guarding the IB", the officer said seeking anonymity.
The jawan, later identified as constable Devendra Singh was rushed to Military Hospital but died of his bullet injuries.
"The group of five terrorists that tried to infiltrate into our territory on Sunday might have sneaked through a tunnel", Sharma told reporters, adding that an anti-terror operation was launched to apprehend the infiltrators and detect the tunnel.
Army also pressed helicopters into service during the search operation which entered the second day today, the official said.
Amazon Go stores to open at San Francisco and Chicago
The Seattle stores sells ready-made sandwiches, salads and other lunch items as well as drinks, desserts and snacks. Opening more stores is yet another sign that Amazon is serious about expanding its physical presence.
A 22-year-old civilian was killed in firing by Pakistani forces along the line of control (LoC) in Poonch district on May 10.
According to sources, security personnel deployed along the IB in Samba and Kathua districts have been on high alert for the last three days after receiving inputs of terrorist infiltration. However, the frequent ceasefire violations by Pakistan were going on along the LoC.
- WhatsApp announce a number of new Group-related features
- Born Episcopal bishop to preach at next Saturday's royal wedding
- Cornish charity backs mental health minute
- Second Brit rugby player dies on tour in Sri Lanka
- Eurovision victor Netta Barzilai lands in Israel
- Russian Federation qualify after Spain, Belgium and Romania sanctioned
- Banco Bradesco (BBD) to Publish Revenue on Thursday
- Three, two, one: New ways to control Google Pixel Buds
- Former Charlton youth player Jlloyd Samuel dies in auto crash aged 37
- Sunday Evening Weather Update, May 13, 2018