The UAE's minister of justice has ordered the establishment of a moon sighting committee to declare the start of the holy month of Ramadan.
Saudi Arabia's Supreme Court also made a similar announcement on Sunday, calling for worshipers to look to the skies on Tuesday evening to spot the Ramadan crescent.
The end of Ramadan will take place in the middle of next month after the month-long fasting period in the Islam tradition.
Earlier this week, Oman's Ministry of Awqaf and Religious Affairs (MARA) announced that May 17 (Thursday) will be observed as the first day of the holy month of Ramadan in the Sultanate. If they see it, the following day marks the beginning of Ramadan; if not, then Ramadan will commence the day after.
There are over 1,5 billion Muslims worldwide.
Soros-backed foundation leaving Hungary
Rights groups in Hungary and overseas have denounced the proposals as a way of cracking down on groups critical of the government. The Open Society Foundations have a long legacy in Hungary, where Soros was born and where he began his philanthropy in Europe.
"We pray for peace, security, stability, and serenity around the world", Allam said in a video message.
The Islamic calendar, like the Jewish calendar, is a lunar calendar and the start of the month changes from one year to the next. The fasting begins at the fajr call to prayer, just before sunrise, and is broken at sundown.
Announcing the timings of various services during the holy month, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) said from Saturday to Wednesday, the Metro service will be operational on both the lines from 5am to 12am.
"In Canada, Ramadan is also an opportunity to celebrate our country's Muslim communities, and the important contributions Muslim Canadians make each day".
- Facebook Suspends 200 Apps, Possible Data Misuse
- Marvel plans to introduce Kamala Khan in the MCU
- US retailer Gap sorry for T-shirt's "erroneous" China map
- Some Google employees are resigning due to involvement with Project Maven
- Author Tom Wolfe dead at 87
- Co-pilot 'sucked halfway' out of cockpit on Chinese airline after window breaks
- Hero Mom on Mother's Day: Off-Duty Police Protects School From Armed Robber
- Dez Bryant is Signing With The Green Bay Packers Says Jason Witten
- NAACP call for arrests in drug suspect's death during struggle with police
- Twitter to implement changes meant to crack down on trolls