According to unofficial information, the former coach of inter and Manchester city will earn two million euros a year.
Mancini spoke about his time as a player with the Azzurri.
It did not give any further details other than to say he would be officially presented on Tuesday at the team's training base in Florence.
Sky Sports Italia reported yesterday that Mancini has now agreed a two-year deal and will sign a contract in Rome today.
Mancini will stay at Zenit until the final round of Russian fixtures on May 13.
Experience, a willingness to work with young players and an ability to make sacrifices were essential qualities that the FIGC needed to look for while they sought to appoint a new man to lead the Italian national team forward. "This is testimony to his complete determination and desire to take on this job".
Three, two, one: New ways to control Google Pixel Buds
Google says that this update is starting to roll out today and should arrive on Pixel Buds everywhere by next week. Despite significant flaws, I liked them quite a lot in my review , but plenty across tech media did not.
"We have not won the European championship for many years and that is our first big event". He succeeds Giampiero Ventura, who left the role last November after Italy's failure to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™. I think that it's the right moment for me.
Roberto Mancini for the first time in his career he headed the national team.
"I want to be the head coach who brings Italy back to where we belong in Europe and in the world".
New Italy manager Roberto Mancini hopes to restore the Azzurri to their former glory - and may recall Mario Balotelli. "I ask them to show the dreams that are in their hearts". Age is certainly important because we need to build for the future but there is no set criteria to exclude in this regard. He also won Italian Cups with Inter, Fiorentina and Lazio.
Mancini's first match in charge will be a friendly against Saudi Arabia on 28 May before Italy play France and Holland in June. The Nations League, the first important commitment, starts soon.
Roberto Mancini attending press conference after being named as Italian national team coach on Tuesday, 15 May, 2018.
- Pope says he has thought about when 'to take my leave'
- Khloé Kardashian Explains How She Chose True As Her Daughter's Name
- Banco Bradesco (BBD) to Publish Revenue on Thursday
- Former Charlton youth player Jlloyd Samuel dies in auto crash aged 37
- Kashmiri Family Allegedly Thrashed by Neighbours in Delhi, Accused Deny Charge
- Eurovision victor Netta Barzilai lands in Israel
- Second Brit rugby player dies on tour in Sri Lanka
- Elon Musk Describes Improvements to SpaceX's Falcon 9 Block 5 Rocket
- Cornish charity backs mental health minute
- Teacher shot dead after having sex with student