LePage and six fellow governors wrote to Norwegian Nobel Committee chairman Berit Reiss-Andersen this week, citing what they called Trump's "transformative efforts to bring peace to the Korean peninsula".
S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster is joining the push to get President Donald Trump a Nobel Peace Prize.
Trump tweeted Thursday that he would be meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un at a historic summit in Singapore on June 12.
"Though he has only been in office one year, President Trump has achieved an unprecedented victory for global peace and security".
Ramadan: Look Out For The Moon On Wednesday - Sultan
The Islamic calendar, like the Jewish calendar, is a lunar calendar and the start of the month changes from one year to the next. The end of Ramadan will take place in the middle of next month after the month-long fasting period in the Islam tradition.
Trump is expected meet with Kim Jong Un in Singapore in June, a first for a sitting US president.
"The Nobel Committee should act quickly in affirming President Trump's nomination and should give him the Nobel Peace Prize, which he certainly deserves", Ivey wrote.
"After almost two decades of gridlock and global anxiety surrounding North Korea's nuclear program, we are now, at last, on the precipice of peace".
When Phillips asked if they thought Obama should receive the award, students said yes but struggled to articulate why they thought the former president should have received the award.
- Moqtada al-Sadr poised for victory in Iraqi election
- Twitter to implement changes meant to crack down on trolls
- Hart's expected omission opens World Cup door for Pope
- WTO rules European Union failed to halt all Airbus subsidies
- David Moyes 'likely to leave West Ham United'
- Neuer Included; Gotze, Wagner Omitted from Germany's Preliminary World Cup Squad
- Facebook Suspends 200 Apps, Possible Data Misuse
- Lewis Hamilton: Barcelona F1 win a 'rejuvenating experience'
- NY regulator authorizes Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Zcash inclusion on Gemini
- Some Google employees are resigning due to involvement with Project Maven