Nelson, Rodgers' favourite target for nigh on a decade, was allowed to leave Green Bay in free agency and Bryant's skillset does actually mirror the former Packer's to some extent.
Former Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten heated up the Bryant-to-Green Bay rumors when he predicted that his former teammate would end up signing with the Packers. The #Packers have been considered a possible Dez Bryant landing spot. but they aren't engaged now and nothing is imminent.
High-profile wide receiver Dez Bryant is still a free agent. "I think it's a win-win for the Packers".
The Packers had some level of interest in Bryant when he was first release but they have signed drafted wide receiver J'Mon Moore in the fourth round, wide receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling in the fifth round and wide receiver Equanimeous St.
Those options haven't impressed some fans.
Facebook Suspends 200 Apps, Possible Data Misuse
The move was made in response to a scandal around Cambridge Analytica, a political consultancy firm. It seems the CEO isn't too anxious about the Committee's "invitation", though.
The Packers, meanwhile, may want to move forward with their young receiving corps and give them a chance to gel in offseason team activities (OTAs) with quarterback Aaron Rodgers. That left a starting outside spot open across from Davante Adams, with Randall Cobb occupying the slot. That's a vertical passing attack, they need somebody who can stretch the field and that X-factor that is Dez Bryant.
Bryant reportedly turned down a multi-year contract with the Baltimore Ravens before the Draft, hoping to secure a one-year "prove-it" deal. Bryant has been a dominant receiver in his eight-year career, but has perhaps lost a step.
Rapoport says the Packers do not seem to be in on Bryant at this time, along with the rest of the NFL. "He's motivated and I think he's going to end up going to the Green Bay Packers".
It is a bit surprising that the month of May has already begun and a former superstar receiver is on the market.
- NAACP call for arrests in drug suspect's death during struggle with police
- Hart's expected omission opens World Cup door for Pope
- LePage joins GOP governors in recommending Trump for Nobel Peace Prize
- Neuer Included; Gotze, Wagner Omitted from Germany's Preliminary World Cup Squad
- Lewis Hamilton: Barcelona F1 win a 'rejuvenating experience'
- NY regulator authorizes Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Zcash inclusion on Gemini
- Hero Mom on Mother's Day: Off-Duty Police Protects School From Armed Robber
- Moqtada al-Sadr poised for victory in Iraqi election
- European Union comments on partial opening of Kerch bridge in Russian-occupied Crimea
- David Moyes 'likely to leave West Ham United'