"As Amazon continues its aggressive expansion and historic innovation, many USA cities are being treated to remarkable perks, including Free two-hour alcohol delivery, self-checkout grocery stores, and unlabeled, unpackaged returns to Kohl's".
The retailer, which opened its first cashierless store concept to the public in Seattle in January, is seeking store managers in both cities, according to recent job postings on Amazon's website. In response, Amazon's vice president said this move "forces us to question our growth here".
Opening more stores is yet another sign that Amazon is serious about expanding its physical presence.
Nick Read to head Vodafone
Vodafone Group Plc also says that it already has its CFO replacement ready to replace Read as he prepares to take over as its CEO. Vodafone has challenged the tax notice under the Netherlands-India Bilateral Investment Treaty and the matter is now arbitration.
Now that Amazon owns Whole Foods, it is possible that Amazon may eventually consider creating small sections of stores to enable the "just walk out" shopping experience of an Amazon Go store. Overhead cameras keep track of what people buy before their payment method is charged. A specific timeline for the IL store is unknown at this time.
While the Amazon Go store in Seattle doesn't bear Whole Foods' branding, it does stock plenty of the store's signature 365 brand products. When they pull an item of the shelf, it's added to their virtual cart. Amazon employees have been testing the store, which is at the bottom floor of the company's Seattle headquarters, for about a year.
The Seattle stores sells ready-made sandwiches, salads and other lunch items as well as drinks, desserts and snacks. There are no checkout lines and no checkout counters, though staff hover helpfully to aid new customers who are hesitant about how it all works. Shoppers enter by scanning the Amazon Go smartphone app at a turnstile.
- Three, two, one: New ways to control Google Pixel Buds
- American Airlines: No Goats; Trained Mini Horses Welcome
- Banco Bradesco (BBD) to Publish Revenue on Thursday
- Second Brit rugby player dies on tour in Sri Lanka
- Two burnt alive, 14 others killed as rural Bengal votes
- Eurovision victor Netta Barzilai lands in Israel
- United States imposes sanctions against Iran central bank governor
- Lost legs to frostbite, 70-yr-old Chinese finally scales Mt Everest
- Mom hears screams, sees bear drag off her 5 year-old daughter
- Mancini named as new coach of Italy