That's not our opinion.
Tropeano had just the one bad inning, giving up three runs on five hits and three walks in six innings. He batted second and played center field.
Morrison got two hits and that key walk against Ohtani while the rest of Minnesota's lineup struggled mightily.
Although neither got a decision, two promising rookie pitchers put on a tantalizing duel at the Big A. RHP Parker Bridwell (elbow inflammation) is set to resume throwing, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said.
DeAngelo Hall set to retire
Upon returning from injury last season, Hall shuttled in and out of the starting lineup at safety, lending support to D.J. DeAngelo Hall, a 14-year NFL veteran, announced this morning that he's made a decision to retire from the league.
Shohei Ohtani had four pitches that were all doing awful things to the Minnesota Twins. That was the only one of Ohtani's five major league starts where he has not made it into the sixth inning. He managed to reach base in all three plate appearances against the two-way player.
Yet Ohtani was denied his fourth win after he left to a standing ovation following Logan Morrison's nine-pitch walk in the seventh. With his fastball hitting 99 miles per hour and his off-speed pitches plummeting through the strike zone, the Japanese right-hander reached 43 strikeouts for the season, blowing past Bo Belinsky's franchise record for strikeouts in a pitcher's first six games. Cozart has a pedestrian.241/.306/.441 line overall, but since May 5 he's got 11 hits in 37 at-bats, a.297 average, with two homers, four RBI and six runs scored. May.
Hey, who are we to judge? But it only gets more impressive the longer it lasts, and Ohtani still very much appears to be happening. "You get towards the end here, and guys are exhausted and they're missing home and we want to get back, but pulling out those wins and hopefully taking the series tomorrow is something that is a huge boost for us heading home into a long homestand", said Garver, who went 1 for 4.
Chris Cwik is a writer for Yahoo Sports.
- Cannes 2018: Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman gets 8-minute standing ovation
- Italy appoint Mancini as national team coach
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal to be Finance Minister till Arun Jaitley recovers
- UN health agency's ambitious plan to eliminate trans fats from food
- Babayaro, Ugbade React To Rohr's 30-Man World Cup Squad
- Lenovo teases a slick, all-screen smartphone that doesn't have a notch
- MacBooks' Design Flaws Cause Apple A Lawsuit
- Drake announces 'Aubrey and the Three Amigos Tour' with Migos
- Quim Torra elected as new Catalan President
- Iranians killed in Israeli strikes in Syria, says monitor