Following Rose Acre Farms' recall, Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. voluntarily recalled eggs purchased from Rose Acre Farms and produced at the Hyde County facility. However, that count is now up to 35, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
12 of the victims have been diagnosed since egg supplier Rose Acre Farms issued the recall on April 13.
Rose Acre Farms told the Washington Post in a statement that they were "disheartened by the additional illnesses".
They are sold under brand names such as Great Value, Country Daybreak, Coburn Farms and Crystal Farms. The cases have been reported in nine states: West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Florida, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. The agency said there was no reported deaths in connection with the outbreak. "This takes an average of two to four weeks". Due to salmonella often being deeply dehydrating, treatment often focuses on replacing lost fluids and electrolytes, as well as courses of antibiotics if the immune system has been severely compromised. Authorities said the DeCosters' company, Quality Egg, sold eggs contaminated with Salmonella enteriditis to several states and bribed an inspector for the U.S. Department of Agriculture in an attempt to sell eggs that were "red tagged" for failing to meet minimum industry standards. They were also sold to restaurants.
Microsoft's New Xbox Controller with Dual-Programmable Touchpad Leaked Online
Coincidentally, in recent months, rumors have swirled regarding Microsoft working on a new iteration of the Xbox One Elite Controller .
Health officials are also recommending that anyone who bought the contaminated eggs should follow the CDC's five steps for cleaning and disinfecting their refrigerator.
Consumers should throw them away or return them to the place of purchase for a refund.
FDA explained that the eggs come in packaging from plant number P-1065 and with a date range of 011 by the date of 102 stamped on the carton. Consumption of this salmonella could result in severe and fatal infections at times especially in children and elderly people. More than 1 million illnesses were reported.
- Voters can still register ahead of Virginia's June primary races
- Lincolnshire child mental health referrals double
- North Korean Envoys Visit China
- Paul pressured by GOP to confirm Haspel for Central Intelligence Agency head
- USA offers to help rebuild N Korea economy if it denuclearises
- HP Envy 13 Leads HP's Stunning New Laptop Lineup
- Pak's top leadership condemns Sharif's remarks on 26/11
- Overwatch Anniversary Event to Celebrate Both the New and the Old
- CBS sues majority shareholder Shari Redstone to halt Viacom merger
- Fortnite Season 4 Week 2 challenges: More searching, explosive eliminations, and more