Supporters are pushing for votes by the Senate intelligence committee and the full Senate before the Senate's Memorial Day break.
"Waterboarding was applied actually to only three individuals - one of those was Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of 9/11", the former vice president said on "Sunday Morning Futures", noting that a classified report called Mohammed a "preeminent source" of information on Al Qaeda.
Issuing a press release on Thursday, he said that the Senate Intelligence Hearing offered Haspel an opportunity to provide details about her experience in the agency, her involvement in the so-called enhanced interrogation program, and account for the mistakes the United States made in torturing detainees held in custody after the September 11 attacks.
Joe Donnelly of IN said IN a statement Saturday that he made his decision after "a tough, frank and extensive discussion" with Gina Haspel, the spy agency's acting director. Surprisingly, Republican Senator John McCain too said that she was not the right fit to head the Central Intelligence Agency. John McCain, Arizona Republican, is not expected because he is home battling cancer.
Cannes 2018: Hayek calls on male stars to take pay cuts
Just this year, the 51-year-old Mexican-born actor has sold four television shows about women to different outlets. She said: "He only responded to two women.
Chatting with Fox Enterprise' Maria Bartiromo in an interview that aired Sunday, Cheney mentioned the methods, reminiscent of waterboarding, helped support within the seize of Usama bin Laden within the aftermath of the September 11 terror assaults. Haspel, however, declined to say whether waterboarding is immoral. It was President Obama who decided that John Brennan, Jose Rodriguez, Gina Haspel and others involved in the torture program should not face prosecution.
While Haspel told Senators Wednesday that she would not reinstate the brutal torture program she helped implement, the 61-year-old appeared to have failed to provide a definitive answer as to the effectiveness of the program. "I would have them lively and able to go, and I would return and examine them and study".
Much as he did before Pompeo's eventual confirmation, Paul has been digging in ahead of the floor vote on Haspel.
- Horror moment planes collide on Istanbul Airport tarmac
- Sunanda Pushkar death: Tharoor dismisses charge sheet as 'preposterous'
- 3-year-old pees during marriage proposal
- Seattle passes a smaller version of the 'Amazon tax'
- Rangers: Steven Gerrard out to emulate Jurgen Klopp style at Ibrox
- United States diplomat involved in road accident in Pakistan returns home amid controversy
- Fortnite Season 4 Week 2 challenges: More searching, explosive eliminations, and more
- Airline co-pilot 'sucked halfway' out cockpit window, reports say
- Boss Key is "no more", says Cliff Bleszinski
- PNB fraud: CBI files 1st chargesheet against Nirav Modi, former bank chief