The iPhone X might be called all screen phone by Apple, but it really isn't - the Lenovo Z5 shows Apple what it should be doing. Regardless of how small the notch might be it still isn't an all screen display. Then we have OnePlus who will have the regular notch to fit the hardware but will give the user the option to imitate top bezel by displaying a black bar so it will look like a device with a slim top bezel.
However, most see it as a stop gap solution until manufacturers can find a way to place all of those powerful cameras and sensors within a display.
'The House That Jack Built' Trailer Shows Off Brutality
The House That Jack Built premieres at Cannes today ( May 14 ), so we'll likely hear how the film is sooner rather than later. The film is a full-blown slasher and boasts a cast that includes Matt Dillon , Uma Thurman , Bruno Ganz , and Riley Keough .
This may just end up being so early in the design process for the Lenovo Z5 that the final product will not end up looking exactly like this sketch. It works to remove the notch, but to some it might not be worth having to drop the edge-to-edge claim.
Cheng has previously shared a partial render of the Lenovo Z5, showing a corner of the device with its ultra-thin bezels and seemingly notchless design. Apple notoriously ditched its infamous home button that also allows an nearly all screen design save for the notch at the top for the Face ID facial recognition system. Reporting on the post, CNet says that the device will have a screen-to-body ratio of 95%, as well as "four technological breakthroughs" and "18 patented technologies". For example, the selfie cam could pop out of the top mechanically, while audio could be transmitted through vibration, as seen on that unnamed Vivo concept phone previewed at Mobile World Congress back in February. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of The Asian Age and/or other staff and contributors to this website.
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal to be Finance Minister till Arun Jaitley recovers
- Samsung to launch new Series A and J smartphones
- Cannes 2018: Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman gets 8-minute standing ovation
- IPhone explodes in Las Vegas fix shop
- Guillermo del Toro Set to Bring Horror Anthology Series to Netflix
- PSG: Thomas Tuchel Replaces Unai Emery As Manager
- Irish ladies lead the way on BAFTA TV Awards red carpet
- NES Classic & SNES Restock Hits Store Shelves This June
- Mercedes-Benz Introduces New AMG GT S Roadster
- 'Memory transplant' achieved in snails