Saturday, 16 February 2019
Latest news
Main » IPhone explodes in Las Vegas fix shop

IPhone explodes in Las Vegas fix shop

15 May 2018

Samsung might not be the only smartphone maker withexploding handsetsin its portfolio - chief rival Apple may be feeling the heat as well.

The video, first given to Las Vegas TV station KTNV and then passed along to ABC News, shows the iPhone, in for a screen fix, not charging and lying to the left of an employee who was working on another device.

You can see the employee stand and gawk at the flames for a bit, run to the back of the store, then run back to the front and grab another phone to call 911.

The employee quickly jumped up to get help as the phone burned itself out on the desk in less than 20 seconds.

Brazil Announce 23-man World Cup Squad
They will begin their campaign against Switzerland on 17 June at Rostov Arena. PSG right-back Dani Alves was last week ruled out because of a knee injury.

The phone's owner had taken it to the store to fix a cracked screen, CBS reported.

While the surveillance video makes it hard to ascertain exactly what device exploded on the employee's desk, ABC affiliate KTNV, which first reported the news, notes that the handset was an iPhone 6S.

Smoke was shown billowing from the Apple gadget. Keeping the phone from getting too hot can extend the battery life. It sparked while he was working to replace a broken screen caused by heat damage.

The incident didn't happen at his shop, but Tartaglio says while iPhone battery explosions are rare they aren't unheard of. These can include overheating batteries, tampering with batteries, when the iPhone is damaged, or when using parts that just don't go well with the device.

IPhone explodes in Las Vegas fix shop