A Brit mother-of-two stated she feared for her life when the Turkish Airways airplane she was on had its tail sheared off within the surprising collision.
The wing of the Asiana Airbus A330 may be seen hitting the tail fin of the Turkish Airways Airbus A321 knocking it clear off.
An Asiana Airbus A330 slammed its wing into the tail of a Turkish Airlines Airbus A321 at Istanbul Atatürk Airport this Sunday afternoon, completely destroying the tail of the Turkish aircraft (registered TC-JMM).
The Asiana aircraft was taxiing along taxiway Golf when it's right side wingtip sliced through the A321's vertical stabilizer much like a knife slicing through a stick of butter.
Sunanda Pushkar death: Tharoor dismisses charge sheet as 'preposterous'
Police also told a court in Delhi that Thaoor's custodial interrogation was necessary since investigations had not yet concluded. The charge sheet filed in court Monday listed suicide as the cause of Pushkar's death - something Tharoor has long rejected.
Airport authorities are investigating the cause of the accident.
Asiana and Turkish Airlines had not responded to ATW's request for comment at the time of publication.
The Asiana plane had just started to taxi before take off when it hit the other vehicle. Passengers were offered accommodation at nearby hotels some six hours after the accident occurred, according to reports.
"My sister Clare Chambers was on this Turkish Airlines plane in Istanbul yesterday, now tailless", Facebook user Pete Young posted on Monday.
- Ryan Reynolds makes surprise appearance on South Korean show
- Pic Talk: Sonam Kapoor is a real stunner
- Rightmove plc (LON:RMV) Rating Changes as of May 14, 2018
- Senators Query AT&T CEO on Michael Cohen Payments, White House Contacts
- PNB fraud: CBI files 1st chargesheet against Nirav Modi, former bank chief
- Casinos: Las Vegas won't hurt from sports betting decision
- A Star Fox Racing Game Is Apparently Being Developed By Retro Studios
- Christian filmmaker Ray Comfort defines bigotry for Mitt Romney
- India's Wholesale Inflation Rate Rises To 3.18% In April
- Poor People's Campaign launches days of protests around US