Doctors discovered the tumor during a routine screening and his surgeons are confident that the surgery was a success, according to the statement. The statement said Mr. Reid, 78, who was the Democratic leader in the Senate for more than a decade, is resting with his family and is in good spirits.
Schumer tweeted Monday afternoon that he has spoken to Reid's family, and "it seems @SenatorReid's operation went well". Mr. Reid had been quietly letting people know over the past few days that he would be undergoing surgery, including former President Barack Obama.
Reid, 78, is now co-chair of the MGM Resorts International Public Policy Institute, along with former House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio). Republican Sen. John McCain tweeted, "From one cantankerous senator to another, sending my prayers & best wishes to @SenatorReid as he recovers from a successful surgery". "My thoughts are with Harry and his family today".
Strong Emotion as Embassy Opens in Jerusalem
Israel has blamed Hamas for attacks and other militant activity, including the firing of rockets from Gaza into Israeli territory. Since the state of Israel's establishment in 1948 tensions remain between Arab Palestinians and the Jewish-Israeli community.
Reid, who was first elected to the Senate in 1986, retired at the end of his term in early 2017, when he was Senate minority leader.
He was wounded in an accident with home exercise equipment on New Year's Day 2015 and suffered problems with his right eye afterward. Since leaving the Senate, Reid has spent the majority of his time in Las Vegas. "We're all praying for expensive Harry's speedy restoration".
The Senate's prime Democrat Sen.
- Melania Trump undergoes embolisation procedure to treat 'benign kidney condition'
- Iraq elections thrown open as outsiders appear strong
- Rightmove plc (LON:RMV) Rating Changes as of May 14, 2018
- Swansea City's relegation to the Championship has been confirmed
- Christian filmmaker Ray Comfort defines bigotry for Mitt Romney
- MI5 chief: Russian Federation could become 'outlaw' due to Skripal case
- Facebook Has Suspended Around 200 Apps That Could Have Misused Your Data
- Gas Prices Rise 1.6 Cents In Chattanooga
- Google revamps storage pricing; DBX -3.7%
- Walmart may launch IPO for Flipkart in as early as four years