A bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra made it clear that it would not go into the legality of the scheme.
Almost three months after the Supreme Court directed the Centre to form a scheme implementing its judgment in the Cauvery dispute between Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, the Centre has filed a draft of the scheme to the Supreme Court on Monday.
"If any delay or shortfall is caused in release of water on account of default of any state, the authority shall take appropriate action to make good the deficiency by subsequently deducting indented releases of that state".
Meanwhile, opposition leader and DMK working president MK Stalin said "expectations have gone up" in the state when the Centre would fully implement the draft management scheme.
'Last Man Standing' gets second life at Fox
Also, Last Man Standing is easier for new viewers to follow than Brooklyn Nine-Nine's serialized comedy. Walden said the opportunity to revive " Last Man Standing " was a no-brainer.
The scheme is more or less similar to the Cauvery Management Board contemplated in the tribunal award. The Centre, despite being harangued by the apex court, has been waiting for the conclusion of Karnataka elections, which ended on May 12, to submit the draft scheme.
Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Puducherry and Karnataka have all been given copies of the scheme to verify if it conforms to the Supreme Court's Feb.16, 2018 verdict.
The Centre today proposed to the Supreme Court the setting up of a nine-member authority at Bengaluru to ensure smooth water distribution among the four southern riparian states to tackle the Cauvery water sharing dispute. The Supreme Court will soon tell the Centre to give the scheme.
Mr Palaniswamy further said that former Chief Minister Jayalalitha had taken effective and serious steps on the issue. Out of the 419 tmcft allocated to Tamil Nadu, 192 tmcft would be supplied by Karnataka. But the order was not obeyed, leading to Tamil Nadu government preferring a contempt petition against the Union government.
- MacBooks' Design Flaws Cause Apple A Lawsuit
- Drake announces 'Aubrey and the Three Amigos Tour' with Migos
- DeAngelo Hall set to retire
- Cannes 2018: Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman gets 8-minute standing ovation
- Quim Torra elected as new Catalan President
- 'The House That Jack Built' Trailer Shows Off Brutality
- Walk The Star Studded Red Carpet For 'Solo
- Euro super league will beat EPLl: Wenger
- Italy appoint Mancini as national team coach
- Lenovo teases a slick, all-screen smartphone that doesn't have a notch