It comes as both powers seek to reduce risk in their regional environments as China faces down U.S. President Donald Trump's threatened trade actions and PM Modi seeks to keep India's economy on track ahead of the 2019 election. The organisation's original members are China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan as members and has included India and Pakistan since 2017. The timing of Modi's visit is significant as this would be followed by yet another trip to China for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit in Qingdao scheduled for June 9-10. "After visiting China in 2015, Modi attended the Ninth BRICS Summit in Xiamen a year ago and will attend the summit of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) in Qingdao in June".
At Wuhan, the two leaders will "exchange views on overarching long-term strategic issues as well as the latest trends of the world so that the world will develop in a more stable way", Lu said.
The $50 billion corridor that connects Kashgar in western China with Gwadar port in Pakistan, spanning 3,000 kilometres, is one of the pain points in ties between India and China.
In 2016, as India pursued membership in the Nuclear Suppliers Group, its bid was held back by China, which refused to lend its support.
China and Pakistan have been engaged at multiple levels, with multi-billion Dollars China Pakistan Economic Corridor as the most noticeable one but the traditional close ties have always been viewed with suspicion by Pakistan's neighbour and arch-rival, India. Delhi's Act East Policy followed by Indo-Pacific concept is an attempt to counter-balance China. New Delhi has requested Beijing to find him and deport him to India.
Newell Brands ends proxy fight with Starboard
It turned negative, as 32 investors sold SRC shares while 86 reduced holdings. 147 funds opened positions while 670 raised stakes. Newell Brands Inc . designs, sources, and distributes consumer and commercial products worldwide. (NYSE: NWL ) for 59 shares.
China and India cooled down soon after the Doka La standoff, which indicates the solid foundation of ties.
China and India have a more robust economic development than other emerging countries and are both independent.
There was no mention of the Xi-Modi meeting in comments made in front of reporters.
"That incident was a reminder to the two proud neighbours that they must manage their border issues, or they will continue to trouble them".
- Recent Research Experts' Ratings Updates for BHP Billiton plc (BLT)
- Rafael Nadal wins Monte Carlo Masters for third consecutive year
- Raymond James Reiterates Market Perform Rating for Regeneron (REGN)
- Fever Officially Rules Gronkowski Out Of Kentucky Derby; Instilled Regard In
- Daryl Worley, cut by Eagles after arrest, to sign with Raiders
- Noticeable Observation for Stock Investors: Entercom Communications Corp. (ETM)
- Britain's TSB bank working to fix problem with app, online banking
- Kanye West Teases Kid Cudi Joint Album With Japanese-Inspired Artwork
- Manchester United starlet Marcus Rashford responds to transfer speculation
- Cambridge Analytica Professor Defends Himself In '60 Minutes' Apology