A man sleeping here on footpath has been crushed to death by a vehicle driven by an engineering student, police said.
According to police, the 19-year-old girl was returning after a late night party with her friends when she lost control of the auto.
Police have registered a case under 304 A (causing death by negligence) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The incident took place in the wee hours of Monday, at around 12:30 am, when the victim, Ashok Kumar, a cobbler by profession, was sleeping outside his shop on a footpath in Hyderabad's Kushaiguda area's DAE Colony. The vehicle hit the compound wall of a house and came to a halt.
The victim, T. Ashok Kumar, a resident of Mirzalguda, succumbed to injuries on the way to hospital.
Italy grants citizenship to Alfie Evans in attempt to guarantee his care
Protesters have clashed with police outside the Alder Hey hospital where terminally-ill baby Alfie Evans is now being treated. Appeal judges upheld Mr Justice Hayden's decision and on Friday Supreme Court justices said they would not intervene.
Cops visited the place and shifted the students to a women police station. But, he couldn't make it and was declared brought dead. The police immediately rushed to the spot and took the accused under custody.
According to Kushaiguda Inspector K Chandrashekar, the driver of the auto, Ishanya Pathil Reddy, was found not to have consumed liquor.
The girl, a student of a prestigious engineering college, was accompanied by three others in the auto at the time of the incident. "They tried to flee the spot but we caught hold of them and called the police", a relative of Ashok said. Earlier, another second year engineering student became responsible for the death of a girl, her uncle and grandpa by driving in an inebriated condition at the upscale Banjara Hills area in the city. Bharathi is a resident of Nallakunta while Harika, the daughter of Malakpet Inspector A Gangi Reddy, lives in Kompally.
Police said they have registered a case and were conducting further investigations.
- Neil Lennon hopes defeat of Celtic will strike fear in Hibs' rivals
- President Trump Orders Immigrant 'Caravan' Stopped at Border
- Michael Jackson's famous moonwalk shoes are going up for auction
- An end for plastic shopping bags in NY ?
- Indiana Health Dept. Urges Hepatitis A Vaccine For Ky., Mich. Visitors
- Jeffrey Lurie Talked 'Disastrous Presidency' In Meeting With Players
- Rope in Stocks - Marathon Petroleum Corporation, NYSE: MPC), Dover Corporation, (NYSE: DOV)
- Benjamin Mendy returns on triumphant day for Manchester City
- John Lynch: Reuben Foster out if charges proven true
- Tua Tagovailoa's younger brother, Taulia, commits to Alabama football