"During this summer, we will little by little, street by street, block by block-transforming Los Angeles into this psychedelic era of Hollywood of 1969".
DiCaprio for his part says the film is "one of the most fantastic screenplays" that Tarantino has ever penned.
Tarantino said that the pic takes place in LA in 1969 during the counterculture explosion and "block by block" this summer he'll take LA back to that era. "It's Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood", said Tarantino.
But in spite of growing up close to Hollywood, Tarantino never really felt connected to the movie business as a child.
CenterPoint Energy, Vectren Announce Merger Agreement
The resulting company will be named CenterPoint Energy and will have its corporate headquarters in Houston. (NYSE:CNP). Checking on recent price levels compared to prior highs and lows, we have seen that CenterPoint Energy, Inc.
The legendary director will team up with Leonardo DiCaprio for his next project, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, with Tarantino last night calling their partnership "the most exciting dynamic duo since Robert Redford and Paul Newman". Django Unchained and Inglorious Basterds both heavily leaned on them, and The Hateful Eight saw Ennio Morricone - who wrote a number of soundtracks that defined Spaghetti Westerns - on scoring duties for that film.
Tarantino reminded the crowd that he too is an exhibitor with his Beverly Cinema and praised the owners present for their hard work, and continually offering "the theatrical experience outside the living room where it belongs with audience reactions". Margot Robbie and Zoe Bell are the actresses also named so far to join the cast. As an L.A. native, having read the script, it's one of the most awesome screenplays.
And lest you think Tarantino is just tooting his own horn, Sony Pictures motion pictures group chairman Tom Rothman offered this endorsement of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, saying, "It's the best screenplay that I have had the privilege to read". Well, when Tarantino was doing press for Kill Bill, he described it (and we're paraphrasing here) as "the film characters from my other films would go see".
The film will release on August 19, 2019 commemorating the 50th anniversary of the murders.
- Varied Analyst Comments On Oasis Petroleum Inc. (OAS), Inpixon (INPX)
- US National Average Gasoline Price Takes Aim at Multi-Year High
- The Bachchans , Kapoors, turn heads at Saudamini Mattu's wedding reception
- Can This Stock Gain Any Traction: Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM)?
- Two security personnel, 1 militant killed in Pulwama encounter
- Avicii's family issue statement
- Ulster Bank investigating as money goes missing from customer accounts
- FA Cup's official Twitter handle brutally trolls Spurs striker Harry Kane
- FY2018 EPS Estimates for Chevron Co. (CVX) Cut by Piper Jaffray
- Looking for a new job? Go ahead, just Google it