He had been battling with acute pancreatitis - which is a potentially life-threatening inflammation of the pancreas - due in part to excessive drinking, and had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.
The post received plenty of smart comments, with followers asking him if he was sure about his song selection.
Taking to Twitter, the Taoiseach expressed his sympathies to those effected by Avicii's death. Choose me, and I'll show you love.' Those are lyrics from a song Tim wrote for me. "Our warmest thoughts go out to his family". It was not the shows and not the music. I've been DJIng a few years now and his tracks always get the entire crowd jumping with absolute joy. a true trailblazer.
Most people are calling the death of Avicii "sudden" and calling him "too young".
US Customs fines woman for entering the country with an apple
In a statement, CBP declined to speak about the case details or any specific inspection, citing privacy policies. Tadlock explained she's just received the snack from the airline and asked if she could throw it out or eat it.
Avicii had been open about his health issues in the past and had previously retired from touring.
"To me it was something I had to do for my health", he said in a letter announcing his decision, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
"He came out with his entourage and was the most polite and down to earth person ever". It was always very hard for me.
Want more of the latest news, sport & entertainment?
- Under pressure Modi govt approves death sentence for child rapists
- Mexican president says optimistic about reworking NAFTA trade deal
- Black men arrested at Starbucks hope scandal sparks change
- Liverpool's Mohamed Salah Wins PFA Player Of The Year award
- Advisors Capital Management LLC Has $17.31 Million Stake in Apple (AAPL)
- Barria bests Belt in record-setting 21-pitch at-bat
- Time running out for Stoke as Burnley snatch draw
- Shania Twain Issues Apology After Saying She Would Have Voted for Trump
- Man United beat Tottenham to reach FA Cup final
- Flyers beat Penguins, force Game 6