He has so far missed the opening two games against San Antonio, although his presence hasn't been missed with the Warriors taking a 2-0 lead in the series. Through two games, the Warriors have now outscored the Spurs by 36 points off three-pointers. In Game 1 they were leading comfortably at half-time anyway, but assured themselves of victory with a 29-22 third quarter. While the Spurs have historically been a big challenge for the Warriors, they are dealing with some injuries this year. The Warriors ended up winning by a score of 116-97 and were led by Durant and Klay Thompson.
After a lopsided game 1 loss, the Spurs bounced back and were very competitive in the second game of the series. They trailed San Antonio at the half in Game two after surrendering 53 points, but clamped down in the second half allowing just 48.
According to Mark Medina, Curry is going to travel with the Warriors as they head to San Antonio for games 3 and 4 against the Spurs.
There isn't much more the Spurs could ask from LaMarcus Aldridge after an excellent performance in Game 2. Star point guard and team leader Steph Curry has been out for the past few weeks and likely will not play this series.
Ben Simmons a top 10 National Basketball Association jersey seller
The former Minneapolis/Los Angeles Lakers star was on ESPN's " The Jump " when he was asked about his current favorite player. It's not a surprise that on-court success has played a role in said popularity.
Andre Iguodala, the 2015 Finals MVP, started a second straight game and had 14 points, seven rebounds and five assists as the Warriors beat the Spurs for the 10th time in 11 games covering the regular season and playoffs. San Antonio is shooting 26 percent on 3-pointers in the series after averaging 35 percent during the regular season.
However, the Clippers could have a better shot than others because they would be somewhat of a hometown team for the Southern California native. He was the only Spurs player to make more than one 3-point shot, going 3-of-9 from deep.
The chances of San Antonio trading Leonard have also increased after reports this summer that the Spurs will not offer the five-year extension worth $219 million that the player wants. The Dubs made 5-of-8 attempts from beyond the arc in the third frame, and 6-of-10 in the fourth to finish the game 15-of-31 (.484) from three-point range. "He's a no-brainer".
- Trump says porn star Stormy Daniels is conning the media
- Equity Investment Corp Has $87.89 Million Stake in Walmart Inc (WMT)
- South Korea says it's ready for peace if North Korea denuclearizes
- Leerink Swann Equities Analysts Boost Earnings Estimates for Celgene (CELG)
- Minnesota woman's face is now on a wanted poster
- Mohamed Salah: 'Winning Golden Boot with Liverpool would be special'
- Hawkeyes' Big Ten basketball opponents announced
- Alabama Football Announces Home-And-Home Series With Notre Dame
- Baillie Gifford & Company Decreased Its Stake in Tesla INC (TSLA)
- Airmen in 'Dino Puppet' Reenlistment Video Fired, Reprimanded