Following Monday's Game 2 loss to the Warriors, Popovich was riding in an SUV with assistant coach James Borrego when he greeted some fans with a "Go Warriors!" chant.
Wade, 36, scored 28 points and seven rebounds in 26 minutes.
Kevin Durant had 32 points and Thompson 31 for the Warriors, who swept the Spurs 4-0 in the Western finals last May en route to their second championship in three years. For one fan, Cassandra Casanova, Popovich going political caused her to donate all of her Spurs memorabilia.
Ginobili said the Spurs need to make the physical edge and aggressiveness they played with in Game 2 their baseline to "even have a minor chance" at rebounding from their two-game deficit.
Pakistan inciting Sikh pilgrims, says India
The High Commissioner was invited by the Chairman of the Evacuee Trust Property Board and was to greet Indian citizens celebrating Baisakhi.
"Just 'cause you got your ass kicked tonight doesn't mean you can't have a sense of humor", Popovich said in his postgame interview. Warriors won 116-101 in Game 2.
Golden State struggled in the opening half against San Antonio in Game 2 but was in complete control in the second half to earn their second double digit victory in as many games. San Antonio also caused 11 turnovers in the first half from Golden State. He was the only Spurs player to make more than one 3-point shot, going 3-of-9 from deep.
Injury update: Warriors star Stephen Curry and Spurs star Kawhi Leonard both remain out, but there's no new major issues for either team. Dejounte Murray had just eight points in 23 minutes of action while Patty Mills finished with just five points in 27 minutes, so there's plenty of room for improvement for the Spurs in the backcourt. The Spurs held a 53-47 advantage at intermission but all the good things that worked in the opening half seemed to be lost by the midway point of the third quarter. They trailed from wire to wire in the series opener.
"Oh, sure, I mean are you kidding me?"
- How Less Risky is Your Stock?: Hanesbrands Inc. (HBI)
- Vodafone Intros Rs 255 Prepaid Plan With 2GB Data Per Day Limit
- Manchester City dominate Premier League team of the year
- Here's how the Red Sox tried to land Shohei Ohtani
- The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT) stock recent close stands at $27.84
- U.S. ambassador hits back over Russian sanctions 'confusion'
- Sweden, India Work On Security Accord That May Open Jet Deal
- Margaret River Pro cancelled after shark attacks near Gracetown
- White House Economic Adviser Walks Back Trump's Talks of Rejoining TPP
- Kalank Movie Poster Out: Sanjay Dutt - Madhuri Dixit Starrer Goes On Floors