Ohtani was removed from Tuesday's game against the Red Sox after developing a blister on his right hand.
BC-BBA-Angels-Ohtani Struggles, 1st Ld-Writethru, 296Angels' Ohtani gets blister vs Boston, lasts only 2 inningsAP Photo ANS118, ANS112Eds: Updates with Angels' announcement of blister on Ohtani's pitching hand, more details throughout.
With a win, Ohtani would have become the first player in Major League history to win three games as a pitcher and hit three home runs by the end of April, according to research from the Elias Sports Bureau.
Of Ohtani's 66 total offerings, 34 were called balls.
After winning two of his first three starts this season, Tanaka (2-2) allowed the Marlins to score three runs in the opening inning at Yankee Stadium after getting himself in a no-out, bases-loaded jam.
It didn't get any better from the pen though, as Bard allowed a five runs on a trio of dingers in the subsequent frame.
China posts better-than-expected 6.8% growth in Q1
Last week GM said that its "growth in China is a result of working with our trusted joint venture partners". Consumption contributed 77.8 percent to the quarterly expansion, slightly up from a year earlier.
Ohtani won his first two big-league starts in impressive fashion against Oakland, retiring 27 consecutive batters in a combined stretch over the two games. Christian Vazquez will catch Sox starter David Price, with Brock Holt hitting ninth and playing shortstop.
One inning after Ohtani left, the Angels announced the right-hander had developed a blister during the second inning. Yet on Tuesday night, the Red Sox wouldn't let up. He has had three extra days of rest because a weather postponement Sunday in Kansas City and an off day Monday.
Mookie Betts RF, Andrew Benintendi LF, Hanley Ramirez 1B, J.D. Martinez DH, Rafael Devers 3B, Eduardo Nunez 2B, Jackie Bradley Jr.
Meanwhile, the Red Sox are nearing a 14-2 start to their season.
The visitors made it 4-0 on a Derek Dietrich RBI single in the second, and though Tanaka managed to hold them scoreless in the third and fourth innings, he surrendered a three-run homer to Marlins catcher J. T. Realmuto with two outs in the fifth.
- Wenger calls for VAR in Premier League after Arsenal beaten at Newcastle
- Alberta Limiting Oil Shipments Would Harm More Than Just BC, Observers Say
- Albania applauds European Union support for member talks
- NDRC sets timeline to open up China's auto sector
- Syria says false alarm set off its air defences
- CWG 2018: After severe criticism, Commonwealth Games boss apologises for boring ceremony
- MI vs DD IPL 2018 Match 9 Live Streaming
- Barcelona Eyeing £60m Martial Deal
- Man gets his 'third face' in transplant operation
- Confirmed tornado touched down in Lake Wylie on Sunday