Status Yellow rain and wind warnings are in place today, but a dramatic change in the weather is due by Wednesday, according to forecasters at the national weather service. Here up to 40mm is expected over the period, with the potential for higher amounts on hills and mountains.
A 24-hour yellow warning for counties Galway, Mayo, Clare, Sligo, Cork, Kerry, Tipperary and Waterford saw rainfall of 25mm to 50mm in coastal areas. Showers will follow for the rest of the day, some heavy.
A Status Yellow Wind Warning is in place for all of Ireland.
And the outlook for the week: "Monday night will be wet and windy with heavy rain in many areas and a risk of localised flooding". Highest temperatures of 11 to 13 degrees Celsius.
The Met Éireann spokesperson said that the warm weather is very unusual for this time of the year.
Marathon victor stopped to wait during race for friend
Whether or not fans knew the significance of Linden's effort, the lined streets near the finish were packed with screaming fans. For her part, Flanagan finished in seventh, 6:37 down on her pacesetting pal. "I'm thrilled to be here and get it done".
But there is some good news, as the weather is set to finally turn towards the end of the week as temperatures are set to soar as high as 18C on Thursday.
Showers dying out quickly this evening and dry in many places for a time tonight but some damp misty conditions will move up from the south and more persistent rain will develop into the southwest towards morning.
"There will be rain on Wednesday morning in western counties counties, but this will should become more confined to the coastal areas in the afternoon".
Friday and next weekend will be largely dry with sunny spells with temperatures hitting around 17C.
- Governor orders inquiry into professor's sex-for-marks offer to students
- Crown Castle International Corp. (REIT) (CCI) Becomes Oversold
- Prudential Financial Inflation Retail (PRU) Bollinger Bands Signaling a "Hold"
- Woman charged with stealing dog from outside Ambler grocery store
- Clermont Release Statement Distancing Themselves From Paddy Jackson
- Analysts See $0.17 EPS for Vermilion Energy Inc. (VET)
- Commonwealth Games: Gold Coast bids adieu with colourful ceremony
- Spotify swipes a major player from Apple Music
- The Crypto UpToken (UP) rose by 1.94% on April 15-16
- Analysts Anticipate CSX Co. (CSX) to Announce $0.66 Earnings Per Share