Police were called to Anderson's home before 8 a.m., according to Christina Hallingse, Asheville police public information officer.
Anderson played Judge Harry Stone on the show and was nominated for an Emmy three times for the role.
Anderson was born on October 14, 1952 in Newport, RI.
Fans may remember Anderson for his role in "Night Court", but it was hardly his only acting job.
Charles, at the time, was producing Cheers and asked Anderson to guest-star on the show as con man Harry "The Hat" Gittes.
Anderson's other credits include the 1990 adaptation of Stephen King's It, Tales from the Crypt, a 30 Rock episode and 2014's A Matter of Faith.
Following Night Court, he starred on the sitcom Dave's World, which was based on the humor columnist Dave Barry.
Google testing iPhone X-style gesture navigation in Android P?
Born in southern Alabama, Jared spends his working time selling phones and his spare time writing about them. Keep in mind that this isn't simply a change in the default icons at the bottom of your screen.
"I never auditioned for anything", Anderson told the Bradenton Herald. They named the character Harry so I'd do not forget to react when someone said my name.
Anderson eventually returned to live performance.
He was also an accomplished magician and even opened a magic shop in the French Quarter of New Orleans.
The storm didn't damage Anderson's club, but the destruction it caused did keep tourists from the city, and audiences from the club.
Friends and admirers took to Twitter to remember Anderson and offer their condolences.
He is survived by his wife, Elizabeth Morgan, whom he married in 2000, and his two children from his first wife, Leslie Pollack.
- Reuben Foster Will Not Take Part In 49ers Off-Season Drills
- Stock Price Activity Review for MyoKardia, Inc. (NASDAQ:MYOK)
- 'We stuffed up': Comm Games organiser breaks silence on closing ceremony
- Conchita Wurst Reveals HIV Diagnosis
- Kelly accused of giving woman STD in latest sexual misconduct allegations
- Manchester City crowned PL winners
- Trump lawyer Cohen expected at court hearing, Stormy Daniels to attend
- Bryce Harper had the ideal celebration for his broken-bat home run
- Mplx Lp (MPLX) Holdings Lessened by Bank of New York Mellon Corp
- Russian Federation says United Kingdom led 'staged' Syria gas attack