About 362 staff personnel will be moved from the Castle Bromwich facility to Solihull to make up for the dearth of workforce.
Jaguar sales dropped 26 percent so far this year while Land Rover demand fell 20 percent in its home market as buyers shun diesel, concerned about planned tax rises and potential bans and restrictions in several countries.
"In light of the continuing headwinds impacting the auto industry, we are making some adjustments to our production schedules and the level of agency staff". India is also looking at stopping the sale of diesel and petrol cars by 2030.
JLR was very exposed to the demise of diesel. However, in 2017 overall sales of diesel vehicles in the United Kingdom fell more than 17%, according to figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT).
Last week the company - which has about 40,000 staff - attributed the move to "continuing headwinds impacting the vehicle industry", though insiders hinted Government policy towards diesel was the main driver.
Land Rover to cut jobs and production as diesel car sales slump
The uncertainty of Brexit has also led to falling of auto registrations in United Kingdom which has been a constant trend for the past year.
The UK has voted to leave the 28-member European Union. Complex talks are now moving on to future relations - after agreement was reached on a 21-month "transition" period to smooth the way to post-Brexit relations.
Company's scrip opened at Rs 351.50, then fell to an intra-day low of Rs 337.90 and finally settled for the day at Rs 338.95, down 4.96 per cent over its previous close.
About 90 percent of Jaguar Land Rover's (JLR) sales in Britain are diesel models, which compares with around 45 percent globally.
In January, the firm said it would temporarily reduce production at another British plant, at Halewood. Additionally, even the uncertainty of Brexit is being seen as one of the reasons. Download The for your device.in English and other languages.
Moyes reacts to West Ham comeback and Hart's error
They have lost their last four games in the league, and they are without a win in their last nine. Stoke have conceded at least two goals in each of their last four games in the league.
- Studies find new ways to use immune-boosting lung cancer drugs
- Two die in separate domestic stabbings in London
- Android 8.1 Oreo officially rolls out for OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 5
- Blake Shelton Reveals If He 'Thinks About' Marrying Gwen Stefani
- Syrian air defence shoots down missiles over Homs: State media
- Elkfork Partners LLC Invests $4.40 Million in Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK) Stock
- Olynyk helps Heat to Game 2 victory over 76ers
- Woman charged with stealing dog from outside Ambler grocery store
- CI Investments Inc. Has $16.02 Million Stake in Merck & Co. (MRK)
- Watch SpaceX launch NASA's latest exoplanet-hunting satellite