The company is now launching the second generation of its high-performance CPUs and is in a better place than ever to keep the pressure on Intel.
Additionally AMD has also launched their new X470 chipset motherboards which use the same AM4 mount as the previous gen X370 boards.
AMD is including a free Wraith cooler with every chip, due to popular demand. According to a report from Kotaku, the top-of-the-line Ryzen 7 2700X will include a "Prism LED" cooler, which comes with a multi-colored LED backlight.
All 2nd gen Ryzen desktop processors ship with the new AMD Wraith cooling unit, which AMD says offers improved thermal performance over the Wraith Max, a more compatible fan profile and enhanced lighting capabilities with per-RGB controls.
Pre-orders for the new processors have already started and the processors are expected to officially arrive on April 19
Turning to the 6C/6T AMD Ryzen 7 2600X, it was very slightly slower in GHz terms, at 5.882GHz.
The new Ryzen 7 2700X is an 8 core 16 threads CPU with a base clock of 3.7 GHz and a boost clock of 4.3 GHz. The latest flagship CPU directly replaces both the Ryzen 7 1800X and the 1700X, which were released past year.
Intel's new i7 8700k, which sells for about $350, has only six cores, in comparison, as Engadget pointed out. Starting with the more powerful 8C/16T AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, you can see that an OC of achieved 5.884GHz with a 58.25X multiplier on a 101.02MHz base clock - the core voltage was set to 1.76V.
On Friday HEXUS reported that AMD had officially announced its Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 5 2000-series CPUs. All four new SKUs, namely the Ryzen 7 2700X, Ryzen 7 2700, Ryzen 5 2600X, and the Ryzen 2600, are built on the company's 12nm Zen+ architecture, which means that they are only a slight upgrade to the original Ryzen CPUs. It's still a six-core processor with 12 threads, and capable of a max boost speed of 3.9 GHz. For those willing to hold out for now, the Zen 2 design is expected to come out next year.
Syrian air defence shoots down missiles over Homs: State media
The US says its military is not active in the area, leading to speculation that Israel is behind the attack. That attack killed four Iranian military personnel - but Israel did not confirm or deny involvement.
- India lodges protests with Pakistan for inciting Sikh pilgrims
- CI Investments Inc. Has $16.02 Million Stake in Merck & Co. (MRK)
- Kanye West returns to Twitter to share memory of Lamar Odom
- Blake Shelton Reveals If He 'Thinks About' Marrying Gwen Stefani
- France's Macron says he convinced Trump to stay in Syria long-term
- SC to hear plea for transfer of Kathua trial at noon
- Elkfork Partners LLC Invests $4.40 Million in Duke Energy (NYSE:DUK) Stock
- Premiership not bed of roses: Nawaz Sharif
- Dudley & Shanley LLC Purchases 10000 Shares of General Electric (GE)
- Moyes reacts to West Ham comeback and Hart's error