BC-BBN-Nationals-Harper's Broken-Bat HR, 158Shear Power!
Bryce Harper has provided us with the latest evidence that he is, in fact, not human. He carried what was left - pretty much just the handle - with him to first base, watching the ball sail into the bullpen area. In a startling display, the Washington Nationals slugger broke his bat completely in two pieces, yet still hit a long home run against the New York Mets.
That home run, by the way, was No. 8 on the season for Harper.
The home run was Harper's eighth of the young season.
Trump lawyer Cohen expected at court hearing, Stormy Daniels to attend
Cohen has admitted to paying adult film star Stormy Daniels $130,000 to keep quiet about an alleged affair with Trump. The FBI executed search warrants last week on Cohen's office, home, security deposit box and hotel room.
Harper shattered his bat in two, and the ball still cleared the right-field wall with plenty of room to spare. Statcast projected the homer at 406 feet.
Coming into Monday night, the Washington outfielder and former MVP was batting an even.300 with seven homers, 14 RBI and and OPS of 1.219.
On his way back to the dugout, Harper playfully pulled up his sleeve to show his biceps.
- Oladipo remembers Cavs owner said Pacers didn't get enough for George
- VAR chaos strikes again as Bundesliga referee hands Mainz 'half-time' penalty
- Why Neither Party Is Happy With Ex-FBI Director James Comey
- Gemmer Asset Management LLC Has $1.60 Million Stake in Apple (AAPL)
- Anticipated $0.63 EPS for Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) as of April, 16
- Activists worry U.S. airstrikes won't deter Assad: 'Mission not accomplished'
- Google testing iPhone X-style gesture navigation in Android P?
- Why Investors remained buoyant on: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT)
- Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Holding Grow by State Street Corp
- 'We stuffed up': Comm Games organiser breaks silence on closing ceremony