Searchers have found the body of the last missing member of an Indian family which perished when their sport utility vehicle plunged into a swollen river in the USA state of California some 11 days ago.
The Mendocino County Sheriff's Office says that around 4 p.m. Monday, searchers found the body of a boy submerged in the Eel River about 6 miles downstream from where the SUV crashed.
Siddhant Thottapilly, 12, remains missing.
The bodies of Sandeep Thottapilly, 41, and Saachi Thottapilly, 9, were found inside, officials said.
Dozens of searchers had been combing the river with Jet Skis, boats and kayaks, along with dive teams.
On April 6, witnesses reported seeing a similar-looking vehicle falling off a steep embankment and into the Eel River off U.S. Route 101 near Leggett, a small camping and hiking destination in Northern California, authorities said.
The boy's mother, Soumya Thottapilly, 38, was found Friday miles from the crash site in an area previously covered with water from the storm-swollen river.
CI Investments Inc. Has $16.02 Million Stake in Merck & Co. (MRK)
Following the completion of the sale, the insider now directly owns 101,484 shares in the company, valued at $6,254,458.92. The company's Average Earnings Estimate for the Current Fiscal quarter is $0.71, according to consensus of 18 analysts .
Authorities in Mendocino County Monday said searchers found the bodies of two more members of a Valencia family of four who disappeared when their SUV tumbled into a river amid a driving rainstorm.
It was encased in sediment from the river current, but divers were able to feel a person inside.
They had been traveling from Portland, Ore., and were supposed to meet with relatives in San Jose the following day before going back to their home in Santa Clarita, Calif., just outside Los Angeles.
Sandeep worked as a vice-president with the Union Bank and lived in Los Angeles with his family.
They were reported missing on April 8 when they failed to show up for a visit at their relatives place in San Jose. In that case, Jennifer and Sarah Hart and three of their six children were found dead at the scene and three other children remain missing.
Authorities have said data from the vehicle's software suggested the crash was deliberate, though the California Highway Patrol has not concluded why the vehicle went off an ocean overlook on a rugged part of coastline.
- Missing SUV, bodies found in Eel River
- Olynyk helps Heat to Game 2 victory over 76ers
- Analysts Expect Time Warner (TWX) Will Announce Quarterly Sales of $7.95 Billion
- First third-party gaming benchmarks for AMD Ryzen 7 2700X surface online
- Man Charged With Bomb Making, Child Pornography
- Studies find new ways to use immune-boosting lung cancer drugs
- CWG organisers apologise for 'shameful' closing ceremony
- The Crypto UpToken (UP) rose by 1.94% on April 15-16
- ATM cash crunch reported in many states, Arun Jaitley says problem temporary
- Analysts See $0.17 EPS for Vermilion Energy Inc. (VET)