The house fire was under control within 20 minutes of crews arriving. Neighbors called 911 to report the fire around 11:20 am after they heard a sound that resembled an explosion.
Crews were told by the caller that the back of the house was on fire, according to Fire Capt. Dan Cooley.
A woman has died following a Saturday evening house fire in Akron's Middlebury neighborhood, east of downtown, officials say.
Predators take 2-0 lead after holding off Avalanche 5-4
Near the end of the first period, the Predators showed signs of life and started to pick up their pace of play. The Predators really gained their footing on the power play and they were able to take the game over.
It's now unclear what started the fatal fire, the release says. The man's wife was found to have been visiting with her adult daughter.
The dogs' human companions got out unhurt but the canines were rescued by firefighters, according to Windsor Fire and Rescue.
"The exact cause of the fire and manner of death is now undetermined and is under active investigation", Rutledge said.
- Syrian army declares capturing last rebel bastion in Eastern Ghouta
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski will not attend start of Patriots' offseason program
- Mike Woodson Wants to Finish What He Started, Would Love to Return
- Let public vote on final Brexit deal, says new United Kingdom campaign
- Kathua rape-and-murder case: Alleged conspirators family wants CBI probe
- Celtic rout Rangers to reach Scottish Cup final
- House Speaker Ryan to step down
- Shots fired at SC judge's Lahore residence
- Trump goes on Twitter rant against Comey ahead of explosive interview
- Putin Warns of Global 'Chaos' if Syria Is Hit Again