The National Constitutional Coalition of Patriotic Americans organized 2nd Amendment rallies across the country.
"We're not bad people".
'If you have a building and you take a brick out every so often, after a while you're not going to have a building, ' said Westley Williams, who carried an AR-15 rifle as he joined about 100 people braving blustery weather in Cheyenne, Wyoming, for a pro-gun-rights rally in front of the state supreme court building.
Gun rights supporters gathered at the state Capitol in Atlanta for one of dozens of rallies planned at statehouses across the U.S.
"Today we're coming out, we're supporting our right to bear arms, and it is a very critical thing that we do that because this nation was founded on that", Robert Wood with the Kansas Chamber of Liberty explained.
U.S. Senate hopeful Republican Dr. Albert Olszewski of Kalispell, endorsed by several speakers, made brief remarks at the podium, as did U.S. House Libertarian candidate Elinor Swanson of Billings.
# 039, President Trump &;s Re Election Effort raised $10 million Thus Much
Trump Make America Great Again Committee, which raises most of its money from donors giving $200 or less, raised $10.2 million. The firm previously received payments from the campaign totaling $30,500 in October and November, an earlier filing shows.
"I said to her, 'Do you want to defend your rights, or do you want to play?'" Nate said.
This event was not far from a rally in the same place that advocated for stricter gun laws in March. "Adding more laws will not stop shootings but it will increase the weapons trade through criminals".
"I'm a firm believer in the saying that 'If we outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns", a woman form Ravalli County responded.
"With the school shootings, my heart goes out, but they're being used as pawns", one woman said, suggesting that other cultural issues such as parenting and video games deserve scrutiny. The former Marine said he fears the current gun-restriction efforts are a precursor to eventual prohibition of all gun ownership. Many held sign demanding gun free zones be eliminated.
"We didn't get 50,000 people but we've got a small group that are here to fight for our rights", he said.
Other attendees and speakers of the event included students, One Million Moms Against Gun Control, and other legislators.
- NBA Playoffs Preview: Houston Rockets vs Minnesota Timberwolves, SWOT Analysis & Prediction
- France says Syria's capacity to produce chemical weapons considerably weakened
- Trump approval rating at 50 percent, president responds
- Inflation 'likely to have held steady in March' experts predict
- Champs Man City among Premier League's greatest teams
- Police say Woman who Drove SUV with Family off Cliff was Drunk
- Brokerages Anticipate Kinder Morgan (KMI) Will Announce Earnings of $0.21 Per Share
- Djokovic reunites with Vajda for Monte Carlo
- The Premier League champions' season in stats
- LA Galaxy striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic ready for World Cup comeback