Andhra Pradesh police have chose to beef up security across the state in the light of the day-long bandh being observed by the people's forum.
Speaking with The Indian Express, YSCRCP political affairs committee member Ambati Rambabu accused the chief minister of "double standards". The YSRC leader also alleged that the ruling TDP government was threatening those who were supporting the bandh, saying cases would be booked against them.
Rambabu also stated that Naidu had no right to protest against a shutdown as a bandh was a form of democratic protest.
Manchester City crowned EPL champion at Old Trafford!
Asked if it would be extra special to win a league where some said his purist principles wouldn't work, Guardiola said: "Yes". With just minutes remaining they get their reward, Robert Pires pouncing on a misplaced backpass to slot past Ederson.
Naidu had yesterday announced that he would observe a day-long fast on 20 April, his birthday, on the state's problems and the Centre's stand toward the State. "Why this intimidation? As long as they are peaceful, we will continue all forms of democratic protests", Rambabu was quoted as saying in the report.
Protests demanding special status for Andhra Pradesh gained speed after there was no mention of a special package for the state in the Union Budget. The Chief Minister had met non-BJP parties to explain the "injustice" done to Andhra Pradesh post-bifurcation and how the NDA government "failed" to honour the promises made in the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014. However, the Centre has been assuring the people of Andhra Pradesh that it will do everything to help the cause of Andhra people.
He also said, "Prime Minister Modi is junior to me in Politics".
"It is highly objectionable that a Chief Minister, while on foreign soil, chose to criticise his country's Prime Minister".
- Students rally gun right advocates in Kalispell
- PD: Teenager found dead on Seven Hills campus
- Anticipated $0.69 EPS for Portland General Electric Company (POR) on April, 27
- Air China Flight Diverted After A Passenger Threatened Crew with A Pen
- EPS for Suncor Energy Inc
- Alexander Rossi claims third career IndyCar win in Long Beach
- Nexus Investment Management INC Increased Its Cenovus Energy INC (CVE) Stake
- Shire sells oncology unit to Servier for $2.4bn
- Sony India launches a range of wireless headphones and speakers
- Ltd. Maintains Holding in CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. (CHRW)