While most people escaped with their lives intact; all documents, clothes and food were gutted in the fire.
A fire department official said it took 11 fire tenders three hours to douse the fire.
NGO's and the local people have extended help to Rohingya Muslims. One man, Vikas Kumar, who was sleeping in a garage adjacent to the camp, suffered burn injuries to the hand and has been admitted to a private hospital. It added that the fire began at the back of the camp where the toilets are located.
Residents said they were woken up by the cries of people and when they emerged from their tents they saw massive flames enveloping the area. We could could barely get enough time to get ut belongings.
Police say Woman who Drove SUV with Family off Cliff was Drunk
Devonte drew national attention after he was photographed in tears while hugging a white police officer during a 2014 protest. She says the six kids were regularly punished for common childlike and adolescent behavior, such as laughing too loudly.
Police teams were sent to the camp to assist in firefighting operations.
A lawyer working on the Rohingya issue Sanjana Srikumar said to Business Standard, "there was nothing left in the camp; everything was burnt to the ashes". "We have been provided with only five small fire extinguishers". "We are being provided food and clothes by the locals, a lot of help was provided by police", a resident said.
"A case under appropriate sections has been registered to further investigate the incident".
A forensic team and officials from power discom BSES visited the camp to ascertain the cause of the fire.
- Students rally gun right advocates in Kalispell
- The EFF and ANC have begun informal talks of a partnership
- A Star Wars Story'
- France says Syria's capacity to produce chemical weapons considerably weakened
- # 039, President Trump &;s Re Election Effort raised $10 million Thus Much
- Tesla Model 3 Celebrates Growth, No Improvements On Quality
- The Premier League champions' season in stats
- Trump approval rating at 50 percent, president responds
- 'Enough is enough': Boris Johnson defends Syria air strikes
- Nokia X to make a comeback, may launch on April 27