Timberwolves: Butler, who led the team by averaging 22.2 points in the regular season, finished with 13 points. That doesn't mean this team is short on playoff experience, though. Despite losing to the Rockets in all four games this season, Jimmy Butler only played in one of the games from start to finish. Anything can happen, especially for a Wolves team that has as much talent as it does.
While the Wolves may feel a desire to reflect on their accomplishment, the real work begins Sunday night, when they head south to face the team with the best record in the National Basketball Association, the Houston Rockets.
But they aren't zero either.
The Wolves scored the first nine points of the second half to take a 56-54 lead. This is more of a recipe, or rather a list of ingredients, that if mixed together correctly under the right conditions, could come out as four Minnesota wins. It worked - for the first time since 2004 the Timberwolves are in the postseason. He'll have to be an absolute monster inside if the T-Wolves want any chance of winning some games in this series. Jimmy Butler is averaging 22.2 points and 4.9 assists while Karl-Anthony Towns is averaging 21.3 points and 12.3 rebounds.
Djokovic reunites with Vajda for Monte Carlo
The 31-year-old 16-time Grand Slam victor is the top seed for the tournament at the Monte-Carlo Country Club, which begins today.
Flip Saunders drafted Karl-Anthony Towns with the number one overall pick in the 2015 draft. Two years ago, it would have been the five seed.
In October of that same year, only months after his diagnosis, Saunders lost his battle with Hodgkin's Lymphoma at age 60. Oddmakers love to throw out big numbers with the Rockets, but Houston is an ugly 9-17 ATS this season as a double-digit favorite.
Rarely can you call Game 1 of a seven-game series a "must win", but the way things unfolded Sunday night in Houston, the Timberwolves had to win Game 1.
The fact that they don't turn the ball over very often is a trait that is often overlooked. Minnesota must play tight defense and hope that the Rockets go cold from the three-point line, while they need to shoot well from 3-point range themselves. The Minnesota Timberwolves are averaging 109.5 points on 47.6 percent shooting and allowing 107.3 points on 47.5 percent shooting.
- Zillow Group INC (Z) Shareholder Ancient Art LP Raised Holding
- Champs Man City among Premier League's greatest teams
- Nokia X to make a comeback, may launch on April 27
- On May, 1 Analysts See $1.09 EPS for Genworth MI Canada Inc
- As of April, 26 Analysts See $0.61 EPS for Comcast Corporation (CMCSA)
- Lennie James Thinks Morgan Will Return To 'The Walking Dead'
- Tesla Model 3 Celebrates Growth, No Improvements On Quality
- CA Has $3.04 Million Position in Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG)
- Kathua rape-murder: Never raised questions on JK polices probe, says Mir
- 4 elephants run over by speeding train, died on spot