2 April space, the company performed a successful launch of the Falcon 9 rocket with the spacecraft Dragon, who managed to deliver to the ISS the 2.6 MT of cargo.
On board is NASA's Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS), created to find exoplanets.
Once in space, TESS will be looking for exoplanets (planets outside our solar system) orbiting the brightest stars in Earth's sky.
Majority of Reading children get their first choice school
There is a big shake up between now and the beginning of the new academic year and some places are bound to materialise. You'll find the deadline for making appeals from your local authority's website in the schools and education section.
The satellite will figure out "the most promising exoplanets orbiting relatively nearby stars", providing future researchers with an exhaustive set of new targets for more follow-up studies, including the potential to determine "their capacity to harbor life", the USA space agency said. - SpaceX is preparing to launch a NASA spacecraft Monday night that could help humans to one day find alien life.
Musk is presumably talking about the upper stage of the two-stage Falcon 9 rocket that serves as the workhorse booster for SpaceX launches.
The first year of observations will map the 13 sectors encompassing the southern sky, and the second year will map the 13 sectors of the northern sky. They measure tiny dips in a star's brightness that could indicate a planetary body passing in front of the camera's line of sight. However, Kepler only had access to a fraction of the sky and most of the stars it studied are extremely faint, making it hard for astronomers to look more closely at the planets.
- Student, 19, fatally stabbed at Binghamton University
- Vikings sign LB Kendricks to reported 5-year extension
- Daryl Worley charged with DUI, gun-related offense
- United Kingdom says May, Trump to work on response to Syrian chemical weapons
- More strikes in Syria will lead to global 'chaos': Putin warns Trump
- Snow to continue after 4th coldest start to April in Chicago's history
- Southwest Airlines (LUV) Shares Bought by Municipal Employees Retirement System of MI
- Charged: Garrett Klumb accused of sexually assaulting child under age 12
- Wayne Rooney happy with deep-lying role, says Sam Allardyce
- Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele vows to stay and prove himself at Camp Nou