Seven inmates were killed and 17 others injured after fights broke out late Sunday inside a notorious maximum-security prison in SC, officials said Monday.
The fights began at 7:15 p.m. Sunday; the facility wasn't secured until 2:55 a.m. on Monday, prison officials say.
No officers were hurt in the violence at three housing units, he said.
Earlier, state police were called to attend an "ongoing situation" at the the prison.
Rising Star 2: Hemant Brijwasi takes home winner's trophy
However, Rohanpreet edged out his competitor from Kerala with a whisker, setting up a target of 78 per cent for Hemant Brijwasi. In order to make the game more lively, host Ravi Dubey played and organized a game which was quite amusing and entertaining.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections says seven inmates have died following an incident at Lee Correctional Institution. The local coroner's office also responded.
Lee Correctional Institution is a Level 3 facility - meaning it's high security and holds violent offenders who are serving long sentences, as well as those with behavioral problems, the Department of Corrections says.
In recent years, there have been several large-scale insurrections, including one in which an inmate overpowered a guard and used his keys to free others from their cells.
In 2015, two officers were stabbed in a fight.
- Armenians protest against ex-leader's move to stay in power
- A Star Wars Story'
- Shenmue I & II Getting Remastered For PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte urged to warn Marcos Alonso following horror tackle
- Zillow Group INC (Z) Shareholder Ancient Art LP Raised Holding
- Gay rights lawyer dies from self-immolation in a protest
- Anticipated $0.69 EPS for Portland General Electric Company (POR) on April, 27
- Manchester City crowned EPL champion at Old Trafford!
- India to have 'normal' Monsoon this year, says IMD
- Inflation 'likely to have held steady in March' experts predict