The report said some people who pay for Google's suite of services, called GSuite, received messages asking if they wanted to participate in a program to preview upcoming changes - including a Gmail redesign.
The report further suggests that the Confidential Mode is said to allow the users to send self-destructing emails which can be set to prevent the recipient from downloading, forwarding, printing or even copying email content.
The blockbuster Gmail upgrade comes as Google is expected to announce more big news in the coming weeks. As for recipients, they are expected to receive a link for expiring email which can be viewed by logging into their Gmail account again.
The new look also enables Gmail users to place calendar appointments side-by-side with messages, which should help avoid doubling-booking, or missed events.
Kathua rape-and-murder case: Alleged conspirators family wants CBI probe
Earlier, while talking to News18, referring to rape cases in India, Asha Devi said, "We have a weak judicial system. I myself haven't visited my son", said Khajuria's mother, Darshana Devi.
The men took Google to court when the company refused to remove search results about their convictions, including links to news articles that the businessmen claimed were no longer relevant.
Gmail will have a so-called Confidential Mode, a system created to secure the important emails that users send and that should not reach other mailboxes. The user will also be able to set password requirement, where the recipient has to confirm their identity via a code/OTP sent to the recipient as a text message to access the email. When it expires, it is automatically deleted from the inbox and the sender's inbox. It's less dramatic - and it's due to a security feature Google will test out on the new Gmail. When a user sends an email using the confidential mode, the mail will look like any other email. That means they'll disappear from your outbox, and from the recipient's inbox.
Aiding smart speakers like the Google Home in their ability to recognize individual voices seems like another use case, but because this model is focused on video, it would likely work better with a speaker with a display, like Amazon's Echo Show.
- Syrian army declares capturing last rebel bastion in Eastern Ghouta
- Celtics Win Dramatic Playoff Opener Against Milwaukee
- Predators take 2-0 lead after holding off Avalanche 5-4
- US' Haley rules out one-on-one talks with Syria's Assad
- Sydney bushfire still out of control and may have been deliberately lit
- Meghan Markle returns to the USA for visa application
- Medical test of Unnao rape victim conducted
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid leaves for Arab Summit in Saudi Arabia
- Montenegro votes for next president; favorite is pro-West
- Celtic rout Rangers to reach Scottish Cup final