Bands of showers and thunderstorms could produce 1 to 3 inches of rain, with locally higher totals along the eastern slopes of the Blue Ridge.
The National Weather service has issued a Flash Flood Watch for the area from 12 Noon Sunday through Sunday evening. Monitor and be prepared to take action should Flash Flood Warnings be issued on Sunday.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, urban areas, highways, streets and underpasses as well as other drainage areas and low lying spots.
A flash flood watch means that conditions are present that could lead to flash flooding.
Additional rainfall of up to 1 inch is expected over parts of the area.
Meghan Markle returns to the USA for visa application
They are scheduled to be Wednesday at Windsor Castle on May 19 and more than 2,500 people have been invited to attend the event. We finally have a little bit more of an idea of what to expect from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding next month.
Be aware that road closures may occur without notice.
Drivers who fail to obey road closures, traffic signs and speed restrictions amid the hazardous conditions could face increased fines - especially if emergency responders are called in to help, the governor's office said. Residents are asked to avoid travel north of Lihue. "Water levels will remain elevated throughout next week".
View the weather services's live radar coverage here.
It's already the wettest start ever to a year in greater Pittsburgh.
- 2 killed after Afghanistan, Pakistan forces clash near border
- Delhi Daredevils beat Mumbai Indians
- Let public vote on final Brexit deal, says new United Kingdom campaign
- Patriots' Rob Gronkowski will not attend start of Patriots' offseason program
- Marte's 5 hits help Pirates, Nova beat Marlins 7-3
- Rampage blows away UAE box offices
- Guardiola fears Man City could still falter in title race
- Gmail's next big feature will see emails self-destruct in 10…9…8…7…
- Celtics Win Dramatic Playoff Opener Against Milwaukee
- Syrian army declares capturing last rebel bastion in Eastern Ghouta