Firefighters started working to put out the fire around 10:45 a.m. Saturday near Hansard Drive and West Union Valley Road. Waverly Assistant Fire Chief Michael Tanner said in addition to the fire on Emerson Avenue, the department was also fighting a fire on Whippoorwill Road.
Heaton said the brush fire was in the vicinity of Gum Hollow Road in Carter County, and that smoke was visible in the surrounding areas.
Firefighters say a vehicle fully engulfed in flames Sunday afternoon sparked a brush fire nearby.
The fire was listed as contained as of 6:15 p.m.
At last check Saturday evening, that fire was only reported to be under 5 acres.
Severe weather could slam us on Sunday, forecasters warn South Florida
Monday and Tuesday will be cooler with wind and rain, but from there on in, things are going to improve considerably. Frequent lightning and heavy rainfall are also expected along with the possibility of tornadoes and waterspouts.
The Clear Creek Volunteer Fire Department responded to a brush fire Saturday afternoon.
The cause of the fire is unknown, but crews believe it to be accidental.
At this time officials have not said if any homes or structures are threatened by the fire.
We'll update you with more details as this story develops.
- Potential Real Madrid lineup against Malaga
- Celtic rout Rangers to reach Scottish Cup final
- Guardiola fears Man City could still falter in title race
- Celtics Win Dramatic Playoff Opener Against Milwaukee
- Kathua rape-and-murder case: Alleged conspirators family wants CBI probe
- Predators take 2-0 lead after holding off Avalanche 5-4
- House Speaker Ryan to step down
- Carrie Underwood shares first full-face selfie following injury
- Sydney bushfire still out of control and may have been deliberately lit
- Trump Again Calls Comey A 'Slimeball'