The match was the first time since netball was introduced at the 1998 Games that the final did not feature both Australia and New Zealand.
They went on to cause the biggest of upsets in the final, beating heavily-favoured Australia 52-51 with a last-second goal.
The marathon events for the Commonwealth Games have wrapped up with a dramatic finish in the Men's race, with the Gold Coast's Michael Shelley claiming the Gold medal to defend his title.
After narrowly missing the gold on the track in the 1,500m on Tuesday night, Fearnley promised he would give the marathon "everything I've got", admitting he had dreamt of winning the race since it was first confirmed on the Games schedule.
"It's a blur. I just remember having the ball in my hands and then running away screaming", Housby said. "This is the best day of my life", she added.
Trump Suggests He Is Making The Phrase 'Mission Accomplished' Great Again
When pressed, he acknowledged that some unspecified portion of Assad's chemical arms infrastructure was not targeted. Bush for the last six years of his presidency, and became a shorthand for a premature declaration of victory.
England won the gold with a season-best of 38.13 seconds while South Africa won silver with a national record of 38.24 seconds.
"Bloomin heck! I actually said to them, 'can you win by a few more goals because this isn't pleasurable on the bench?'"
"We've always had the belief we can win those tight games".
Para table tennis player Ross Wilson has won gold at the Commonwealth Games.
- Locals unite to run Boston Marathon
- Canada's PM Trudeau pledges money, new law for pipeline project
- IShares MSCI Emerging Markets Asia (EEMA) Declines 1.38% for April 15
- Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg are showing the way on taking responsibility
- Twitter reacts to 'disappointing' Commonwealth Games closing ceremony
- John Cena and Nikki Bella Have Called Off Their Engagement
- Whatsapp Enables Re-download of Deleted Media on Android Devices
- Salah hits 40 in easy Liverpool win, Southampton suffer Chelsea collapse
- Woolworths hit by nationwide technical outage
- Russia fails to win UN backing to condemn military strikes on Syria