However, Chelsea were lucky to finish the first-half with 11 men still on the pitch after Marcos Alonso launched a pretty appalling challenge on Shane Long.
Perhaps it was because the ball had been played away - and was followed by referee Mike Dean - that the incident was missed and went totally unpunished.
Striker Long was forced off the field for treatment but was able to continue.
The Chelsea defender has faced calls to be given a retrospective three-match suspension by the Football Association.
Typically these tackles look like made thoughtlessly, as a rush of blood or over dedication in direction of the ball makes the tackler lose management.
Two X-rated tackles escaped the correct punishment on Saturday as Marcos Alonso and Ben Davies ignored any thoughts of safety for their opponents.
Taiwan Semiconductor Mfg. (TSM) Upgraded at Zacks Investment Research
Susquehanna maintained Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company Limited (NYSE:TSM) on Thursday, January 18 with "Hold" rating. It dropped, as 75 investors sold CMCSA shares while 544 reduced holdings. 141 funds opened positions while 552 raised stakes.
And because Dean did not consider Alonso's actions to be a foul, the FA do not "re-referee" situations which officials have clearly seen and judged during the game. I think Mike is too close, he hasn't got the right angle, and I think what will happen is the FA will say to him have you clearly seen it, and he clearly hasn't or he would give a foul.
That of course means the FA could charge Alonso retrospectively using video evidence.
Former Premier League referee Dermot Gallagher claims Dean did not see the incident and believes Alonso will be punished.
If Dean saw the incident fully and decided that it did not warrant a red-card, the FA can not retrospectively ban Alonso.
'He [Alonso] hasn't even bothered with the ball'.
- The EFF and ANC have begun informal talks of a partnership
- On May, 1 Analysts See $1.09 EPS for Genworth MI Canada Inc
- The Premier League champions' season in stats
- CA Has $3.04 Million Position in Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG)
- Police say Woman who Drove SUV with Family off Cliff was Drunk
- Target Corp (TGT) Shares Rose While Atria Investments LLC Increased Its Stake
- Rohingya camp gutted in Okhla, no casualties
- NBA Playoffs Preview: Houston Rockets vs Minnesota Timberwolves, SWOT Analysis & Prediction
- Trump approval rating at 50 percent, president responds
- Man 'shot at lost black schoolboy asking for directions'