The mixture of cold, ice, hail and snow ripping through MI postponed baseball games for the Lansing Lugnuts and the Detroit Tigers on Saturday.
Liriano will not make his scheduled start Sunday against the Yankees as the game has been postponed due to inclement weather, Chris McCosky of The Detroit News reports.
The Tigers next host the Orioles for a three-game series starting Tuesday.
Game 1 was scratched about three hours before the scheduled first pitch, with Game 2 called in the early afternoon.
Celtic rout Rangers to reach Scottish Cup final
We have to give him those opportunities and when he gets those and he may only get one then he goes and takes it with both hands. Rangers also won last weekend, with the Gers getting the better of Dundee 4-0 at Ibrox in the league.
It's far from a lovely day for baseball in Detroit, so they'll only play one.
Instead, the game will be played tomorrow as the second game of a doubleheader in Comerica Park with first pitch scheduled for 7:10 p.m. No ticket exchange is necessary.
The Yankees and Tigers will try to play a split doubleheader on Sunday.
The team said that fans unable to attend the rescheduled games may exchange their unused tickets at any time for any future regular season game (at equal or lesser price) in the next 12 months, excluding Opening Day 2019. Rain-outs on March 29 and March 31 against the Pittsburgh Pirates have already been made up.
- Meghan Markle returns to the USA for visa application
- House Speaker Ryan to step down
- 2 killed after Afghanistan, Pakistan forces clash near border
- Patrik Laine plays air-violin after burying Wild in Game 2
- Montenegro votes for next president; favorite is pro-West
- Kim Kardashian Goes All-Out for 20-Year High School Reunion
- Syrian army declares capturing last rebel bastion in Eastern Ghouta
- Kathua rape-and-murder case: Alleged conspirators family wants CBI probe
- Medical test of Unnao rape victim conducted
- Marte's 5 hits help Pirates, Nova beat Marlins 7-3