An Air China flight was diverted Sunday after a male passenger brandishing a fountain pen held a crew member hostage, aviation authorities said.
According to the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), a man on board tried to hijack the flight with a pen. The statement further reveals that the flight crew and passengers all were unharmed.
The flight took off from the capital city-Changsha of the Southern Hunan province at around 8:40 a.m. and the flight was scheduled to land at the Beijing Capital International Airport at around 11 a.m., as per the reports of local media and flight tracking websites. It also added that the matter was successfully handled by 1.17 PM.
The plane made an unscheduled landing in the central Chinese city of Zhengzhou just before 10am for what the airline called "public safety reasons".
Shenmue I & II Getting Remastered For PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC
It would make sense to see it drop at least a few months before the third chapter, which is also slated by the end of the year. Earlier today, Sega confirmed that a Shenmue I & II bundle will be released for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One sometime in 2018.
All passengers, except the suspect in the attack, left the plane.
This shocking photo appears to show the Air China flight attendant being held hostage close to the flight deck door at the front of the aircraft.
She said she had looked out of the window and to see police cars, ambulances and fire engines outside the plane as it landed.
Henan police said a 41-year-old man from Anhua, Hunan province, who experienced a "mental illness" during the flight, had been taken into custody over the incident, Shanghai-based online news outlet The Paper reported. The passenger described seeing armed personnel in camouflage uniforms assembled in two or three rows.
- Billionaire makes bid to save Toys R Us from closing
- Anticipated $0.69 EPS for Portland General Electric Company (POR) on April, 27
- Rising Star 2: Hemant Brijwasi takes home winner's trophy
- Sensex, Nifty trade lower, Infosys shares fall 3%
- Sony India launches a range of wireless headphones and speakers
- EPS for CVS Health Corporation (CVS) Expected At $1.40 on May, 1
- Rhumbline Advisers Has $1.96 Million Stake in Caesars Entertainment Co. (CZR)
- India to have 'normal' Monsoon this year, says IMD
- Rohingya camp gutted in Okhla, no casualties
- Inflation 'likely to have held steady in March' experts predict