CNN reports the Los Angeles Police Department confiscated $700,000 worth of counterfeit makeup, including a knockoff brand of Kylie Jenner's Kylie Cosmetics, that tested positive for animal bacteria and waste. The busts netted $200,000 worth of makeup. "The best price is not always the best deal!"
One detective said the price tells you if a product is real or not. The LAPD made a similar raid in February after customers complained of getting rashes and bumps from using counterfeit makeup. The products were tracked to the Fashion District, where officers did undercover buys.
Researchers again found high levels of bacteria and feces in the cosmetics seized in Thursday's raid.
Students rally gun right advocates in Kalispell
The former Marine said he fears the current gun-restriction efforts are a precursor to eventual prohibition of all gun ownership. Other attendees and speakers of the event included students, One Million Moms Against Gun Control , and other legislators.
The feces somehow get mixed into the product they are manufacturing in their garage or in their bathroom, Detective Rick Ishitani told CNN affiliate KABC. Ishitani said the only way some people find out is when they open the product, which isn't allowed at the businesses in Santee Alley.
Authorities said, six owners of raided companies were arrested while the rest received cease-and-desist orders.
- Nexus Investment Management INC Increased Its Cenovus Energy INC (CVE) Stake
- Inflation 'likely to have held steady in March' experts predict
- Sony India launches a range of wireless headphones and speakers
- Shenmue I & II Getting Remastered For PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC
- Ltd. Maintains Holding in CH Robinson Worldwide, Inc. (CHRW)
- IG Investment Management LTD. Has $814000 Holding in Liberty Interactive Corp (QVCA)
- Trump approval rating at 50 percent, president responds
- EPS for CVS Health Corporation (CVS) Expected At $1.40 on May, 1
- Celtic into Scottish Cup final, on course for another treble
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte urged to warn Marcos Alonso following horror tackle