Juventus defender Mehdi Benatia foul Lucas Vazquez in the area and referee Micheal Oliver awarded a penalty in the 93rd minute and also sent Gianluigi Buffon off for protesting against his decision in a harsh manner.
Everyone has their own opinion on whether it was a penalty or not, I'm not going to discuss that, but I'm angry that people are talking of a robbery. We have to stop accusations like this, ' Zidane told a news conference on Saturday ahead of his side's Liga game at basement side Malaga on Sunday. Not about the penalty because that's down to interpretation, for me it is and the referee gave it, but the stuff about the robbery. 'I'm furious about that. "I can't believe people are saying these things". They have no room for error, but it's all but over at this point, especially when they face Madrid and Real Betis - fourth and fifth in La Liga - in their final seven games.
Zidane, however, maintains his team fully deserved to go through. 'When people talk about a robbery you realise that we are annoying a lot of people with what we are doing, ' said the Frenchman. "We did very well and we're in the semifinals". Málaga probably realize that it's a little too late to do anything about their situation while Madrid's only interest in LaLiga is to keep players competitive, engaged and with spirits high in readiness to contest the only trophy they have left to play for this season - the Champions League. It's a 50/50. Bayern are better this year, they're competing really well.
Patrik Laine plays air-violin after burying Wild in Game 2
Teams that go up 2-0 in a playoff round by winning both games at home go on to win the series 89.3 per cent of the time. There's going to be battles, there's going to be swings of momentum, but the big thing for me is who won the game".
Karim Benzema looks set to return in attack for Real Madrid on Sunday after playing no part in the debacle versus Juventus on Wednesday.
"We are the best club in the world and when you're the best club in the world, there is a certain degree of jealousy".
- Trump Again Calls Comey A 'Slimeball'
- Barbara Bush, in deteriorating health, to halt medical treatment
- Severe weather could slam us on Sunday, forecasters warn South Florida
- Salah on the brink of breaking Premier League record
- Newcastle United 2-1 Arsenal
- Merkel endorsed the impact of the United States and its allies on Syria
- Manchester City seal Premier League title after Manchester United suffer shock defeat
- 'Consequences' for Syria strike: Russian Federation
- CNY added to winter weather advisory for sleet, freezing rain
- Syria attack 'very soon or not so soon at all!'