PM Modi said the Ayushman Bharat scheme is not limited to providing a health service, but also invites inputs from society too. He also appealed to the people from the backward districts to join a mass movement with a different approach leveraging information technology for transformation. It is the duty of the government to take care of your rights.
The prime minister was in Bijapur to inaugurate a health and wellness centre at the primary level, the first of 1.5 lakh such proposed centres at the village level across the country under the Ayushmaan Bharat scheme.
"I seek to remove the "backward" label from the 115 districts and call them Aspirational Districts", said the PM. He asked the parents and the guardians of the youths not to get their children be misled by the outsiders (giving the impression the leadership among Maoist cadres are from outside the Chhattisgarh state).
"If Bijapur district can witness development in just 100 days, why cannot others?" he wondered.
Almost 100 young volunteers from across the United Kingdom are reportedly giving the final touches to the Bharat Ki Baat, Sabke Saath event, scheduled for early evening on April 18, as they finalise the list of just under 2,000 attendees chosen by ballot from online registrations over the last few weeks. They hide safely in the jungles.
'Boys Don't Cry' Lawyer Dies by Setting Himself on Fire in Park
The former lawyer's body was found by local resident Amy Hamberry who was jogging through the park. The 1999 movie earned actress, Hilary Swank an Oscar for her portrayal of Teena.
The PM inaugurated a new rail line and a passenger train between Gudum and Bhanupratapur, bringing north Bastar region on railways' map.
The districts are Bijapur, Narayanpur, Bastar, Kanker, Kondagaon, Sukma and Dantewada.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh chaired the programme while Health Minister J P Nadda was the chief guest on the occasion. "It would soon be recognised as an economic hub", he pointed out. This hugely symbolic gesture of the Prime Minister was welcomed by a thunderous applause from the audience.
Welcoming those who had gathered here in Halbi, a local dialect, Modi gave a charan paduka to a woman and hearing aid to another woman.
- Scottish athlete Callum Hawkins collapses as he leads Commonwealth Games marathon
- Trump reconsidering Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) if there is a better deal
- Ferrari stun rivals with qualifying speed at the Chinese Grand Prix
- Seymour softball No. 1 in state
- United Kingdom appears to be 'destroying' evidence in Skripal case - Russian envoy
- Putin condemns US-led strikes on Syria as an "act of aggression"
- Self-belief helped Madrid through quarter-final panic attack
- Merkel endorsed the impact of the United States and its allies on Syria
- Tifton summit used to train professionals to handle child abuse cases
- People gather for pro-Second Amendment rally at State Capitol