Those in attendance Saturday said guns are not the problem.
Second Amendment supporters rallied Saturday at state capitols across the country to give voice to gun rights in America... and what a difference a month makes.
The aim of the rallies is to push back against calls for gun control that began after the Parkland Florida school shooting, which sparked marches in Washington, New York and other US cities to demand tougher gun laws.
We are seeing a wave of anti-gun and anti-NRA individuals/organizations coming to light raising awareness for their gun ban and control, but the real truth is banning guns or putting a stronger control on them will do nothing more but change the nature of the way crimes are committed.
"It's not about guns". They would have us believe that the framers intended those 13 words to have no meaning, a legal nullity, without meaning or goal.
Israeli security heads confer after Trump's threat to bomb Syria
He went on to state, "We have not yet made any decision to launch military attacks into Syria". During his testimony, Mattis spoke about a possible strike against Syria.
The state House Judiciary Committee is in the midst of a two-week series of hearings on gun violence and state firearm policies. One of the most-discussed topics: school safety.
"Gun owners have been portrayed in a negative way and it is our hope that this peaceable rally will show that we are safe, law-abiding individuals that happen to take our constitutional rights very seriously", Gulya said. "The price has been too high already", said Connor Groce, a senior at West Forsyth High School in Clemmons.
"Take off a day of work and pack that room".
"If you have a building and you take a brick out every so often, after a while you're not going to have a building", Westley Williams said, according to Fox News. The state's annual Second Amendment rally is scheduled for April 30 at the capitol.
- UEFA Hit Liverpool, Guardiola With Disciplinary Charge
- Trump reconsidering Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) if there is a better deal
- May mulls Syria action despite cautious mood in United Kingdom
- Daryl Worley arrested, tasered after allegedly passing out in vehicle on highway
- Rahul reaches India Gate to lead midnight march against atrocities on women
- Putin condemns US-led strikes on Syria as an "act of aggression"
- Merkel endorsed the impact of the United States and its allies on Syria
- Potential Manchester United lineup against West Bromwich Albion
- Self-belief helped Madrid through quarter-final panic attack
- Myanmar announces first Rohingya repatriation