Those in attendance Saturday said guns are not the problem.
Second Amendment supporters rallied Saturday at state capitols across the country to give voice to gun rights in America... and what a difference a month makes.
The aim of the rallies is to push back against calls for gun control that began after the Parkland Florida school shooting, which sparked marches in Washington, New York and other US cities to demand tougher gun laws.
We are seeing a wave of anti-gun and anti-NRA individuals/organizations coming to light raising awareness for their gun ban and control, but the real truth is banning guns or putting a stronger control on them will do nothing more but change the nature of the way crimes are committed.
"It's not about guns". They would have us believe that the framers intended those 13 words to have no meaning, a legal nullity, without meaning or goal.
Myanmar announces first Rohingya repatriation
The news of the family's return was reported by Reuters, which cited a statement from the Myanmar government in this regard. The United States and the United Nations have described the Myanmar military operation as ethnic cleansing.
The state House Judiciary Committee is in the midst of a two-week series of hearings on gun violence and state firearm policies. One of the most-discussed topics: school safety.
"Gun owners have been portrayed in a negative way and it is our hope that this peaceable rally will show that we are safe, law-abiding individuals that happen to take our constitutional rights very seriously", Gulya said. "The price has been too high already", said Connor Groce, a senior at West Forsyth High School in Clemmons.
"Take off a day of work and pack that room".
"If you have a building and you take a brick out every so often, after a while you're not going to have a building", Westley Williams said, according to Fox News. The state's annual Second Amendment rally is scheduled for April 30 at the capitol.
- Tifton summit used to train professionals to handle child abuse cases
- Scottish athlete Callum Hawkins collapses as he leads Commonwealth Games marathon
- Syria strikes spark opposition in the West
- Ferrari stun rivals with qualifying speed at the Chinese Grand Prix
- United Kingdom appears to be 'destroying' evidence in Skripal case - Russian envoy
- Beyoncé makes history, gets the band back together at Coachella
- New Zealand stun Fiji to seal Commonwealth rugby double
- Rahul reaches India Gate to lead midnight march against atrocities on women
- Trump reconsidering Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) if there is a better deal
- Daryl Worley arrested, tasered after allegedly passing out in vehicle on highway