Former first lady Barbara Bush, the wife and mother of two presidents, has chose to end medical treatment for a life-threatening illness.
Former First Lady Barbara Bush is in "failing health", informed family spokesperson on Sunday. Her husband was hospitalized the same day for shortness of breath, prompting his doctor to excuse him from President Donald Trump's inauguration two days later. She was being treated by bronchitis and the nation's 41st president was being treated for pneumonia.
"It will not surprise those who know her that Barbara Bush has been a rock in the face of failing health, worrying not for herself ― thanks to her abiding faith ― but for others", McGrath said.
A second message read: "I am sending all my love and prayers to the entire Bush family today - Barbara Bush is a woman of great strength, patriotism and an iconic first lady of our times who has touched and inspired countless lives". Her husband was president from 1989 to 1993.
Barbara Bush visits during round 2 of the 2016 Champions Tour Insperity Invitational, The Woodlands Country Club, The Woodlands, Texas.
'Consequences' for Syria strike: Russian Federation
Both the Russian military and the Syrian government said they would facilitate the mission and ensure the inspectors' security. The government, however, said evacuations from Douma were ongoing and no Syrian government forces had entered the town.
She married George H.W. Bush in 1945.
She also defended them against detractors, from those who criticized her husband's decision to raise taxes in 1990 to those who opposed her son's decision to go to war in Iraq in 2003.
The nation's 41s president also was hospitalized in 2015 in ME, where he and his wife spend summers at their home in Kennebunkport, after falling at home and breaking a bone in his neck.
The couple met at a Christmas dance in 1941, when Barbara Pierce was 16 and George Bush was 17.
The Bushes have been married for 73 years. Her father was the publisher of McCall's and Redbook magazines.
- Ferrari stun rivals with qualifying speed at the Chinese Grand Prix
- Trump goes on Twitter rant against Comey ahead of explosive interview
- Israeli security heads confer after Trump's threat to bomb Syria
- Saudi Arab League Summit
- PM Narendra Modi rolls out healthcare and wellness scheme Ayushman Bharat Yojna
- Putin condemns US-led strikes on Syria as an "act of aggression"
- Trump lawyer fights to shield items seized in Federal Bureau of Investigation raid
- CNY added to winter weather advisory for sleet, freezing rain
- Scottish athlete Callum Hawkins collapses as he leads Commonwealth Games marathon
- Potential Manchester United lineup against West Bromwich Albion