Even though Prime Minister would be flying to the events, police have barred traffic in Sardar Patel Road where Cancer Institute is located leading to heavy traffic snarls in the adjoining roads.
"And for this, in the weeks ahead, we will undertake extensive consultations with all stakeholders, including both Indian and foreign companies, about our defence production and defence procurement policy space", he said.
Modi's remarks come amid China's heavy increasing claims over the South China Sea islands that has major strategic implications and Beijing's military deployment past year at the Doklam tri-junction that also connects India and Bhutan.
The government last week began the process to procure around 110 fighter jets by issuing an RFI (Request for Information) or initial tender. The four-day defence expo (April 11 to 14) would focus on India as an emerging manufacturing power for defence equipment. While launching the portal, he said that that it will provide necessary incubation and infrastructure support to the startups in defence area by setting up a defence innovation hubs throughout the country. Since the government is nearly the only buyer, you need the government to grant an order.
Red Sox' Kelly, Yankees' Austin suspended
A pitch by Red Sox's Joe Kelly connected with Yankee hitter Tyler Austin , who threw his bat down and confronted his Boston rival. Then the unthinkable happened, the Red Sox actually won not one, not two, but three World Series titles in less then a decade.
Over the past few months, Prime Minister Modi has been accused of introducing grand schemes like GST and demonetization, which have reportedly failed.
The theme for this year's expo is "India: The Emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub", which seems appropriate as the country is steadily become more powerful in the field of defence.
Quoting figures to bolster his arguments, Mr. Modi said in May 2014, the total number of defence export permission granted stood at 118, for a total value of 577 million dollars. "We have also de-notified some items earlier made exclusively by Ordnance Factories, so that private sector, esp. MSMEs can enter this space", Modi said.
Overall, BJP's ambition of taking control of the southern states to improve its tally in the 2019 elections has taken a major hit considering how protests against Modi government are gaining momentum in states like Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. "It will have repercussions for higher inflation", said Sameer Narang, chief economist at Vadodara, India-based Bank of Baroda.
- Sri Reddy Leaks: Human Rights Commission Notices to TS Govt
- Jerry Springer television producer charged with killing deaf and partially blind sister
- EPL: Mourinho speaks on Martial leaving Manchester United
- May mulls Syria action despite cautious mood in UK
- Backpage.com pleads guilty to human trafficking
- Vontaze Burfict loses appeal of 4-game suspension to start 2018 season
- Cohen cites 'ongoing criminal investigation' in bid to delay Stormy Daniels suit
- 'Broad City' to end with season five
- Trent Alexander-Arnold says Liverpool fear no one in Champions League
- Mark Zuckerberg Admits His Personal Data Was Compromised During Cambridge Analytica Leak