At the time of the acquisition, Ring noted that it "is committed to our mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods by providing effective yet affordable home security tools to our Neighbors that make a positive impact on our homes, our communities, and the world".
Amazon has finalized its acquisition of Ring, maker of the video doorbell.
The relationship between Amazon and Ring began in 2016 through the Alexa fund, Amazon's investment division focused on supporting companies that develop voice-related features.
The dark-colored Ring doorbell is also on sale for $99.99 and ships April 22 on amazon.com. The two companies will work together to accelerate Ring's mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods with affordable, effective home security products and services, so more customers can see, hear, and speak to people on their property from anywhere. As well as acquiring Ring, Amazon also purchased smart camera and also doorbell maker Blink in December past year and Amazon also has their own Cloud Camera available as well.
Study Finds Bathroom Hand Dryers Spread Fecal Matter
The numbers of bacteria were higher than those found in the air of bathrooms that didn't have hand dryers, Newsweek reported . The University of CT added paper towel dispensers to 36 of its bathrooms after completing the study, Newsweek reported .
The smart doorbell allows an owner to see who is at the door and respond, even if at another location.
"Ring's talented team has invented home security products and services that customers love".
Amazon's Cloud Cam is yet another product under the company's direction that is, in many ways, a competitor of Ring and Blink. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighborhoods network, enable Ring to offer affordable, proactive whole-home and neighborhood security. The Video Doorbell is also now listed as $99.99 on Ring's website.
- Facebook users more anxious about privacy
- EPA aide says he was forced out after questioning Scott Pruitt's spending
- Florida congressman adds name to list of GOP retirements
- Cosby at courthouse for 4th day of retrial
- What You Need To Know About The Suspected Syrian Chemical Attack
- VW's Diess to become head of volume brand division
- Trump Teases Syria Attack: I Never Said When It Would Happen
- Enel (ENEL) Given a €6.20 Price Target at Goldman Sachs
- Brokerages Anticipate Celestica (CLS) Will Post Earnings of $0.23 Per Share
- Zuckerberg says Cambridge Analytica shared his personal data